SPACEX | NASA | Space Exploration | Other Space Ventures

Very good, but they’ve obviously got a leak/fire damage on the rocket, will be interesting to know what caused that (it seems to have existed for awhile prior to the start of that clip), and what it’s done to the re-usability. On the other hand, it’s good that it wasnt a challenger type leak causing a catastrophic loss.

Still, impressive software.

Still only mid way through the test launching cycle so not a surprise on the leak to be honest. Could well have been a manoeuvring thuster. Can’t see them launching payloads for about a year in reality.

This 'low level' space stuff is just very expensive boys toys stuff in my mind and the money could be used for greater good but, even I was impressed with the units return.

SpaceX has something like 80/90% of the market for launching satellites globally so not really a toy. Like him or not ( I used to, I now think he's a total bell end ) he's managed to build one hell of a business and started to revolutionise space travel with SpaceX.

Starship is key to Man getting back to the moon and getting the planned NASA moon base set up.

Edit: Personally I believe the sudden rush to get back to the moon is for fuel for Fusion power. we may not be there quite yet with getting fusion running but a key fuel source for Fusion is really really rare on earth but abundant on the moon, so I see us getting back there as crucial to helping solve climate change here.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.