SPACEX | NASA | Space Exploration | Other Space Ventures

Can’t access that video unfortunately but a crazy stat.
Light travel is a tough subject to digest.
Someone on here tried very well a while back.
The perception of light travel over how it’s travel is actually instantaneous.
I need a concise explanation so I can sleep better. :)

Can’t access that video unfortunately but a crazy stat.
Light travel is a tough subject to digest.
Someone on here tried very well a while back.
The perception of light travel over how it’s travel is actually instantaneous.
I need a concise explanation so I can sleep better. :)

Try this link

Try this link

Thanks mate - incredible.

The light thing is how we perceive light to travel: so 8 light years a way would be us taking 8 years to see that travel (from point a to b for example). But in reality it would be instantaneous for the light to get from a to b.
I had a little read of mass/time in the explanation but it’s a bit of a a script...

Thanks mate - incredible.

The light thing is how we perceive light to travel: so 8 light years a way would be us taking 8 years to see that travel (from point a to b for example). But in reality it would be instantaneous for the light to get from a to b.
I had a little read of mass/time in the explanation but it’s a bit of a a script...
I’m a big physics buff mate and find that stuff incredible.

I’m a big physics buff mate and find that stuff incredible.
Me too (as in I find it incredible rather than a big physics buff, although I’ve found Brian Greene’s quantum theory books interesting...utterly mind bending to be more precise).
Probably need to find a good source to unravel the explanations a little more digestible. Infinite mass to travel at light speed - is that right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.