Spain now vs Brazil 2002?

SambaStyle

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h0weIy1Gco&feature=related[/youtube]

I'll go with Spain but Brazil had Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo etc all at the peak of their powers.

Tough call.

I'd go with Spain. They'd pass them to death.

Great link in HD btw, apart from that twat Motson in the background on the commentary.<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:34 am --<br /><br />
ifiwasarichfan said:
I would take Spain. Our kid actually takes them over Holland in 74, Brazil in 70 and City in 69.

I'd take Germany over Holland in '74.

Blue Punter said:
Tough call.

I'd go with Spain. They'd pass them to death.

Great link in HD btw, apart from that twat Motson in the background on the commentary.

-- Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:34 am --

ifiwasarichfan said:
I would take Spain. Our kid actually takes them over Holland in 74, Brazil in 70 and City in 69.

I'd take Germany over Holland in '74.

Come on Blue Punter, your a City fan. You have to go "style" over "substance" every single time !

ifiwasarichfan said:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Ljs-WVwX0&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]

Hmmm.

I'd have loved the Dutch to win in '74 & '78, but winners are winners.
It's West Germany & Argentina whose name's on the trophy, so I have to go with that.

Holland were a great team though. To see Brazil kicking lumps out of them in '74 and still being taught a footballing lesson shows how good they were.

As good as Cryuff was, unfortunately, Muller trumped him when it mattered.

Another great link Samba.

Been to the Olympicstadion in Munich. As well as the stadiums Bayern played in before and after. Grunwalde & the Allianz.

I can vaguely remember '78. Just turned 7 at the time.
My cousin is "inbetween" jobs at the moment. He's younger than me.

He will love the '74 final. Any chance of putting up '78 or '82?

Blue Punter said:
I can vaguely remember '78. Just turned 7 at the time.
My cousin is "inbetween" jobs at the moment. He's younger than me.

He will love the '74 final. Any chance of putting up '78 or '82?

good shout mate, he would love watching them!

I honestly think this current Spain side will eventually go down in history as the greatest international side ever, closley followed by Brazil 1970. As Lowro said last night their biggest opponent could be themselves! They should walk Euro 2012 and who would honestly bet against them in Brazil 2014?

When you look at the teams listed in this thread they generally have 2 or 3 aboslutley outstanding world class players, and then a lot of good players. But this Spain team is different, they do not have 1 or 2 outstanding players that stand out. They have a team full of them, Xavi, Inesta, Silva, Villa, Ramos, Pique, Casillas, Pedro, and they work so well together.

They do not have a single weak link!

But then again I was born in 84 so do not remeber anything before Italia 90 so maybe my jugement is a little clouded.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.