Spain vs Portugal

edira said:
I think Spain are not overrated. We have the best team in ages and is the first time that we have seriously options to win the Worldcup. We play nice, and we have very good players like Iniesta, Xavi, Alonso, David Villa, Torres, Piqué.....

I agree although Barcelona are better....can't wait to see Messi and Villa together.

England, France and Italy are overrated!

GStar said:
Worst World Cup in recent memory...

Boring games, half empty stadiums, Vuvuzel's being used by every country blocking out the unique characteristics of each nations support.

No one has really consistently impressed, bar Tevez... which is a it weird.

Overall i've been really disappointed.

Starting to agree, the quality of football has been very poor indeed

Ducado said:
GStar said:

Boring games, half empty stadiums, Vuvuzel's being used by every country blocking out the unique characteristics of each nations support.

Champions League is the highest standard of footy now I think. The Bosman ruling started the shift away from International footy being a step up.

Ducado said:
GStar said:

Probably a different thread this, but do you think that we now know too much about most of the players? In that, we are no longer surprised by real talent (Tevez) and despair about the ones we expect much from (Torres)?

Years ago, the WC was exciting because it allowed a chance to see some players that we had never seen. That doesn't seem to happen that much now.

mackenzie said:
Ducado said:

Probably a different thread this, but do you think that we now know too much about most of the players? In that, we are no longer surprised by real talent (Tevez) and despair about the ones we expect much from (Torres)?

Years ago, the WC was exciting because it allowed a chance to see some players that we had never seen. That doesn't seem to happen that much now.

Definitely true as the top players see each other every year in the CL

Cobwebcat said:
edira said:
I think Spain are not overrated. We have the best team in ages and is the first time that we have seriously options to win the Worldcup. We play nice, and we have very good players like Iniesta, Xavi, Alonso, David Villa, Torres, Piqué.....

I agree although Barcelona are better....can't wait to see Messi and Villa together.

England, France and Italy are overrated!

bufff Barcelona are different. Barcelona are in other level.

mackenzie said:
Ducado said:

I agree to a certain degree but the likes of Ozil for Germany and Melo for Brazil and that left back for mexico (name escapes me) are more household names now

Watched the game, not a bit impressed with Portugal and deserved to go out, Ron the winker was abysmal.Not a brilliant match but I guess the best side won.

GStar said:

I've enjoyed it. Grounds have been mostly full - (you forget Euro 96!)

Robinho, Tevez, Messi, Sanchez, Bastos, Ozil, Klose, Schneider (sp), Forlan and many others played well

I expected Torres and Ronaldo to flop. They were struggling before the tournament started

The opening games were negative, and in the knock out games there have been 1 or 2 games that have been poor, but overall it's been better than ever.

The Asian teams have advanced a lot. Everyone was wondering what the African teams would do, but it looks like the Koreans and Japanese have shown the biggest improvement

Ronaldo is about the most selfish player I've ever seen on the pitch, without question. What he kept doing tonight was nothing disgraceful.
There are two types of players, the ones who play for the team and the ones who play for themselves. Ronaldo is wituout question a leader in the second group. Everything he does on the pitch is for himself and it's infuriating to watch, so it must be unbearable to fans and his teammates.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.