Spanish police

So what's this great conspiracy over wristbands? I get why people think it's over the top but what's the conspiracy angle?

Lots of issues and lots of different view points, from my own perspective, the advantages of new rules regarding ticket collection outweigh any inconvenience incurred in picking them up. As 13,000 pointer, I've far more chance of getting a ticket than was previously the case, I missed out on an away ticket for Seville and would possibly have done so for the last two. For the Madrid game, I did the Thomsonsport trip for the first (and probably the last) time, it was ok but I prefer to make my own arrangements if possible. I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised that people on the Thomson trips are issued with their wristbands on board. Thomsonsport are the clubs 'official' travel partner and it makes sense to relieve the pressure on the collection point by cutting down the numbers as well as acting as an incentive for people to use the official travel partner rather than an independent operator. Some people might not agree with that but it's business. Personally I didn't witness any violence, but one guy on our coach had been hit by a police officer and suffered a facial injury, the female steward on the coach took his details etc to report back to the club. I doubt anything will come of it but, in terms of actual involvement in the stewarding of fans entering/leaving the stadium, I'd be amazed if the Spanish police would allow them any input whatsoever. Again, I'm not sure what people expect the stewards to do in a foreign country with absolutely zero authority, the same is true of any GMP officers, they will be there to identify and observe and nothing more. It doesn't make the treatment away fans receive abroad acceptable but it's the club as a body that needs to act on our behalf not individual representatives on the scene.

What a stitch up!! Them camera crew were filming all day egging city fans on to make noise and sing, and I was sat right by that ''menu' smash incident and when one lad stops, one of the camera crew encourage him to do it again!!!

Pure propaganda to back the police up what a joke.

Just had the following response from the British Embassy in Madrid:

Thank you for your email.

I was very sorry to hear about the experience that you and fellow Manchester City fans encountered with the Spanish police at the fixture Real Madrid vs. Manchester City in Madrid on 4th May 2016.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) takes complaints such as these very seriously. Whilst the FCO cannot investigate your allegations, interfere in the judicial process or provide legal advice, we can make representations and raise our concerns at the highest level.

I have attached an informative sheet explaining how a member of the public can complain about the Spanish Police (National Police in this case). I hope you find the attached information useful.

I suggest that, if you have not already done so, you also raise your concerns with Manchester City Football Club.

Best regards,

Football fans abroad have been fair game for the local bully boys in uniform to have some fun with for years. It is a disgrace that it is always swept under the carpet time after time. Unfortunately the English fan abroad's reputation from the past is hard to shake off so they know they will get away with it because that is still people's perception.

You are also when complaining to embassies and MP's often dealing with people who know or care nothing about football. It is ok of course for the fans of the toffs game,rugby,to gather in large groups,drink alcohol and sing,that is high spirits and fun.When football fans do it it is a 'Menacing obnoxious aggressive mob.' I fear such attitudes will never change nor will the response to such mistreatment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.