Speed Awareness Course (asking for a friend)

It'll cost more than £15
Every year for the next five years you have to declare on your insurance renewal that you have/had 3 points for speeding (even after they are removed) and it increases your premium
Yep, one of my vans was written off by an unisured pissed up female in Romiley in 2017, it was parked outside the driver’s house so obviously a completely non fault claim. When the renewal came around I was quoted about £2100 from the previous years roughly £1100. I got it in the end for about £1600 but since then it’s still on my renewal every year, it’s also had a knock on to me being the named driver on Mrs H’s policy for her private car.

Yep, one of my vans was written off by an unisured pissed up female in Romiley in 2017, it was parked outside the driver’s house so obviously a completely non fault claim. When the renewal came around I was quoted about £2100 from the previous years roughly £1100. I got it in the end for about £1600 but since then it’s still on my renewal every year, it’s also had a knock on to me being the named driver on Mrs H’s policy for her private car.
But are you with the same Insurers ? I change mine every year as they are complete arseholes when it comes to helping those who have never claimed, hence why I regularly save a hell of a lot of ackers and scout around for better deals.

But are you with the same Insurers ? I change mine every year as they are complete arseholes when it comes to helping those who have never claimed, hence why I regularly save a hell of a lot of ackers and scout around for better deals.
It’s a bit more difficult for the business insurance (light haulage), as soon as a previous claim is mentioned they bump it up regardless. About 5 years ago the driver of our City bus was going to do some driving for my business, I had to declare he had a conviction for innocently (his words) leaving the scene of an accident, the Insurer’s quoted over £6k, needless to say he wasn’t taken on, poor bloke died from Cancer a couple of years later.

It’s a bit more difficult for the business insurance (light haulage), as soon as a previous claim is mentioned they bump it up regardless. About 5 years ago the driver of our City bus was going to do some driving for my business, I had to declare he had a conviction for innocently (his words) leaving the scene of an accident, the Insurer’s quoted over £6k, needless to say he wasn’t taken on, poor bloke died from Cancer a couple of years later.
Ah right h. Sorry wasn`t aware mate that you were a business holder, so yes that does make it a bit more difficult.Bloody hell thats so shocking on both counts ref the guy leaving the scene of the accident but then to pass away with that terribly "C" word.

I got done doing 83 on the motorway by an automatic camera last week. Coming back from a gig, middle of the night, not another car on the road, could've been doing 183 and it'd be perfectly safe.

Absolute fucking piss take but hey, as long as they're stuffing envelopes they don't have to go out and stop real crimes I suppose.

Anyway I've got to go on one of these Micky mouse bullshit time wasting courses. It's in Gorton as well, that'll be a laugh.

I got done doing 83 on the motorway by an automatic camera last week. Coming back from a gig, middle of the night, not another car on the road, could've been doing 183 and it'd be perfectly safe.

Absolute fucking piss take but hey, as long as they're stuffing envelopes they don't have to go out and stop real crimes I suppose.

Anyway I've got to go on one of these Micky mouse bullshit time wasting courses. It's in Gorton as well, that'll be a laugh.
Are you doing it on zoom call

Are you doing it on zoom call
Fuck that - I've had enough of video calls with bloody work and covid. I'd rather do prison time than do another fucking video call.

Doing it at a Holiday Inn in Gorton which sounds absolutely grim as fuck.

Zee Germans have the right idea with motorways.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.