Speeding Ticket

WeaverWonderland

Firstly just a warning the camera at the junction of Alan Turning Way and Ashton Old Rd isnt just for the traffic lights it is a speed camera also!

I have just got a ticket through for 43mph in 30 zone. Does everyone get offered the speed awareness course this is first three points i have ever got?

coops said:
Firstly just a warning the camera at the junction of Alan Turning Way and Ashton Old Rd isnt just for the traffic lights it is a speed camera also!

I have just got a ticket through for 43mph in 30 zone. Does everyone get offered the speed awareness course this is first three points i have ever got?
You won't for 43mph in a 30mph, it's based on how far over the speed limit you are. If you were clocked doing, say, 37mph in a 30mph zone then you'd have a shot at the speed awareness course, but not 43mph. I was collared doing 45mph in a 30 zone 2 years ago, first offence and had no option but the 3 points.

I think most of the red light cameras now use radar so they are speed cameras also, note the lines on the floor.

I think it's technically 4 but you've got to declare them for insurance for 5 years.

Mine are still on from 2007!

I've eyed that camera up a few times on there!

Fitton said:
I think it's technically 4 but you've got to declare them for insurance for 5 years.

Over here they stay on your licence for 3 years, but you have to disclose them to your insurance company for 5 years. I got nailed on Good Friday 2007 (not so bloody good that year!) for doing 73 in a fifty zone. Er; that's KPH, not MPH! Bloody cop with a hairdryer. Wouldn't mind so much (guilty as charged) but I was behind 3 or 4 cars and I wasn't catching them up, therefore they were speeding as well. But because I was at the back, I won the raffle. And the fucker said with a smirk that he'd ''got a few today''. Twat. €80 fine and three points.
:-(

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.i-database.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.i-database.co.uk/</a>
A very handy site to find out if you've got a speeding ticket pending

jimharri said:
Fitton said:

Over here they stay on your licence for 3 years, but you have to disclose them to your insurance company for 5 years. I got nailed on Good Friday 2007 (not so bloody good that year!) for doing 73 in a fifty zone. Er; that's KPH, not MPH! Bloody cop with a hairdryer. Wouldn't mind so much (guilty as charged) but I was behind 3 or 4 cars and I wasn't catching them up, therefore they were speeding as well. But because I was at the back, I won the raffle. And the fucker said with a smirk that he'd ''got a few today''. Twat. €80 fine and three points.
:-(

I've been caught twice in Ireland, once in Wexford were I paid the fine and once in Cork, on the second time the copper was a nice fellow and he laughed when I said I'd paid the last fine, he said what the hell for, we aint gonna come looking for you in the UK?

That was a few years ago and they didnt have any means in place to put points on a uk license, not sure if thats still the case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.