Spoke to a Gillingham fan...

I was with my lad, and it was like a morgue, some big bloke next to us was effing and jeffing away, ripped his city shirt off and threw it on the floor, and I could see the fear in my lads eyes (he was only small!). This bloke was screaming 'no-one fucking leaves', and putting himself about a bit, saying 'we still support this pile of crap till the end', and give him his due no-one around us left! Then we started the infamous comeback, 'big bloke' picked his shirt up, put it back on, slapped everyone on the back, got up a chant of 'city city best team in the land and all the world' and the rest is history...happy happy days

When Dickov scored the guy next to me picked me up and held me above his head ( I was alot thiner in them day's like to see him try it now). I just remember screaming "put me down put me down" cos I wanted to run round like an idiot.
I couldn't bear to watch the pens,had to look away for Dickov's, still blame myself for him missing that.

i remember it well,couldnt go to the game cos we were on holiday in the norfolk broads,we had one of those big cruiser boats out for the week,cost an arm an a leg!
anyways there we were just floating under a bridge at wroxham with a large can of lager in one hand an the other on the steering wheel,the missus reading a book about crap, an the radio full on tuned into wembley,by this time i had drank quite a few cos city were being city,so i wasnt in the best of moods...
when we got one back i thought fuck it ,typical!,an continued down the river following some other muppets,one of whom,i could see wearing a bin dippers shirt,an then it happened.....
foookiiiiiiiing ellll!!!! we ve fooking actually gone an fookinggg sssscccoredddddddddd.............
well i tell ya,the fooking boat nearly turned over as i let go the steering wheel an jumped into the air screaming like a an absolute loon,the missus nearly fell overboard at the shock,an the boat was rocking from one side to the other,while all you could see was this nutter running up an down the roof as though his arse was on fire,hahahaha
the two boats in front stopped an turned around to see if we were in trouble,but we kept on sailing along past em ,with me screaming at the bin dipper an singing any city song i could,haha,all this was going on ,on the quietest part of the norfolk broads,where people were having picnics etc,it was surreal to say the least!!!
we moored up at the pub later an evryone was laughing cos of what happened an the landlord actually bought us a bottle of wine to celebrate,although i didnt really need much more booze....i always reember that paul dickov made waves that day on the norfolk broads...QUALITY!!!!

BooksReject said:
I was with my lad, and it was like a morgue, some big bloke next to us was effing and jeffing away, ripped his city shirt off and threw it on the floor, and I could see the fear in my lads eyes (he was only small!). This bloke was screaming 'no-one fucking leaves', and putting himself about a bit, saying 'we still support this pile of crap till the end', and give him his due no-one around us left! Then we started the infamous comeback, 'big bloke' picked his shirt up, put it back on, slapped everyone on the back, got up a chant of 'city city best team in the land and all the world' and the rest is history...happy happy days

great story!

sent shivers down my spine that did!

Me and my bro had tickets including a coach down with the supporters club, had a little pre victory party the night before, missed the taxi to the coach, drove down to try and catch the coach, saw it driving out of quaffers car park (in romiley) spun the car round (my trusty 1.0 fiat uno) and tried to catch up, went the wrong way on the round about onto the motorway and ended up losing the coach.

Had only been driving for a couple of months, had no idea where Wembley was but with monster hangovers we set off anyway. Ive never seen anything like it, just a swarthe of Blue all the way down, didnt need a map book or anything just followed the Blue trail, along the way our kid drank all the beer we had and was wankered, we hit London and in the traffic and ended up next to a van full of Gills fans who were top notch and we had some good banter with. They were taking the piss out of our kid for being so drunk and ended up chucking a can over for me for when I got home, which the little bastard drunk as well.

Got in there and near the end took the piss out of a Blue leaving telling him its City mate never give up hope, then it all happened. Perfect day, made even better when I got back and found out we were both on the telly (for about 5 seconds but still!) with me cheering like mad and our kid trying but looking decidedly queasy! still got that video, need to get it converted onto dvd I think!

An awesome awesome day!

I've seen us win the league, the FA Cup, the League Cup (twice) and went over to Vienna to watch us win the Cup Winners Cup.
But nothing beats, in football terms, how I felt that day, especially as I had been to all the home games, and most of the away games with my 11 year-old daughter, and even at 2-0 down with tears washing away her face paint she told me to still believe.
What memories. She's the one who makes me go now, convinced me to go to Schalke with her.

RealMancsAreBlue said:
eshiers1 said:
i remember getting the tube away from the ground, there were 2 gillingham fans sat opposite us...cant remember exactly what was said though :(

Thats quite a tale ! got any more like that ?

pmsl. that's one to tell the grandkids

Speaking to The Goat outside wembley straight afther the match... remember his exact words, Hey guys how are you! at this point we all started chanting feed the goat!

Already left , left at 2-0 walked up the stairs as Horlock scored fucked off as we got to the bottom of Wembley Way some City was being brave and telling the 2 coppers how City where going 2 smash London up as 1 Copper said to the other City have scored ,

I said to the copper your taking the piss and he replied no am not me and about 10 lads legged it back as we did so some policelady on a horse started shouting saying u cant go back in its congested screaming by this stage, as you can guess she had no fuckin chance.

MCFC OK

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.