Sponsorship

Apologies if this has been brought up before. Another post concerning the removal of a flag because it was covering a Thomas Cook advertisement brought this to mind.

With the club's new wealthy backers it it really necessary to have a corporate sponsor contributing a (relatively) paltry £5m or whatever?

Wouldn't it be a nice touch if the club, once the current arrangement with Thomas Cook ends, opts instead to promote local charities on the shirt front. There are plenty of good causes out there that could do with that kind of exposure. I'd even propose having a different charity every season.

Obviously, Barcelona already do this by promoting Unicef on their shirts.

Based on an interview Garry Cook gave early in the season it's obviously on his mind to get Thomas Cook off the shirts. I think his comment was that it's not clear whether the shirt promotes Thomas Cook or Manchester City.

Get a charity on there...you couldn't get better press for the club by doing that and the right kind of press for a change.

whalleystrange said:
Apologies if this has been brought up before. Another post concerning the removal of a flag because it was covering a Thomas Cook advertisement brought this to mind.

With the club's new wealthy backers it it really necessary to have a corporate sponsor contributing a (relatively) paltry £5m or whatever?

Wouldn't it be a nice touch if the club, once the current arrangement with Thomas Cook ends, opts instead to promote local charities on the shirt front. There are plenty of good causes out there that could do with that kind of exposure. I'd even propose having a different charity every season.

Obviously, Barcelona already do this by promoting Unicef on their shirts.

Based on an interview Garry Cook gave early in the season it's obviously on his mind to get Thomas Cook off the shirts. I think his comment was that it's not clear whether the shirt promotes Thomas Cook or Manchester City.

Get a charity on there...you couldn't get better press for the club by doing that and the right kind of press for a change.
i heard something about christies a while ago. Plus its local aswell

Theres no such thing as good press with city, the mirror or one of the other rag newspapers will say its city are the reason behind 90% of people getting cancer so they should do

Following quite a bit of work in the background on this and other forums as well as Mcvita/CSA/OSC and others, a letter has been submitted to the club, with various ideas and comments from subscribers who were willing to put their comments down.

Petetheblu has set the wheels in motion and hopefully the ideas that have been put forward will be taken up by the club. No doubt Pete will post an update, depending on the response from the club.

I sincerely hope that this does not just get filed in the bin, especially given the amount of work that has gone on and the strength of feeling from the various forums and fans organisations which supports the idea of backing Christies.

I agree having Christie's on the shirt would be an excellent idea; nice touch with it being a local charity as well. Having a Nana who is currently suffering from a terminal form of Cancer and who has been treated in Christie's, I appreciate all the good work they do and think it would be a great idea for the club to support them in this way. Is there anyway the fans could get a petition signed and sent to the club, or something like that?

Re: Sponsorship.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Etihad, the Airline of the UAE, is supposed to be our new sponsor.

Apparently, they're throwing up a HUGE amount of money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.