Sporting CP (A) - CL Last 16 - Tue 15th Feb, 20:00 - Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not an easy game and a draw isn’t a terrible result, but we should try to win. The nasty asshole João Palhinha who injured KdB in the Euros will be playing. He played a game against Porto yesterday and received a red card for violent conduct. They rested quite a few players yesterday and had an extra day. Also have a young and brilliant manager. Don’t anyone kid themselves, it will be a difficult game. I’m a little concerned about playing a lot of Portuguese players against a Portuguese team in Portugal
All our Portuguese players (and ederson) were benfica lads, hopefully should be up for it

Agreed. I've watched them a fair bit since the draw was announced and I have to say that they've far exceeded my expectations. Will be a tough match no doubt.

Resting Rodri, KDB and Cancelo yesterday shows Pep is not taking this match lightly.

Really happy how we manged to win at Carrow Road. Hope Sterling form continue into UCL final matches. One thing - we look as stable as fuckk. I think we're the most organised club in the world by far - extendind those first team contracts, mentoring those young talents, just to solve our striker (or "false nine") position and we're ready to dominate every competition and start to chase those 3rd arsenal spot with 13pl titles. All this smells like Pep's establishing the dynasty.
Let's take step by step and see you in St.Petersburg in May.
COME ON CITY!

Think the guaranteed starters are:

Ederson
Cancelo
Dias
Laporte
Rodri
Bernardo
De Bruyne
Sterling
Mahrez

The two remaining slots up for grabs are between Stones/Zinchenko, and Gundogan/Foden imo.
Given the experiment last week , my thought is it will be Stones at RB and Cancelo @ LB …

Think the guaranteed starters are:

Ederson
Cancelo
Dias
Laporte
Rodri
Bernardo
De Bruyne
Sterling
Mahrez

The two remaining slots up for grabs are between Stones/Zinchenko, and Gundogan/Foden imo.
Personally, and we will see on Tuesday, but I think it’s one of the most predictable 11’s I’ve ever seen with Pep.

It will be your 9, with Stones and Foden - Gundo playing full 90 yesterday added to John sitting the game out makes it a near certainty for me.

It's tempting to think that away games in Europe are really difficult, and home games easy - but our record home & away in Europe hasn't been any different for a while now, in Europe or domestically. Some of our worst domestic results have actually been at home.

So definitely think we'll go for it & should win. Referee allowing, of course - there are some strange ones in Europe.

Personally, and we will see on Tuesday, but I think it’s one of the most predictable 11’s I’ve ever seen with Pep.

It will be your 9, with Stones and Foden - Gundo playing full 90 yesterday added to John sitting the game out makes it a near certainty for me.
Pep almost always picks Gundo for big European aways I think?

It's tempting to think that away games in Europe are really difficult, and home games easy - but our record home & away in Europe hasn't been any different for a while now, in Europe or domestically. Some of our worst domestic results have actually been at home.

So definitely think we'll go for it & should win. Referee allowing, of course - there are some strange ones in Europe.

Some strange ones in England too -:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.