Sports Personality of the Year

The worst thing the BBC could have done is not renamed it from personality to person, because too many people these days don't get that it's an award for sporting achievement not who's the biggest character.

Either way it should be Hamilton.

were the bbc part of the media that gave him years of abuse ?
Yes. During England tournament matches, the panel regularly piled in on him and gave Kane a free ride.

Much like the ridiculous situation when Alan Shearer told Balotelli to “come back when you’ve won something” despite the fact that he’d already won far more than the Geordie ****.

Yes. During England tournament matches, the panel regularly piled in on him and gave Kane a free ride.

Would you say criticism of his performances is bad media treatment, i recall the Sun laying into him because of tattoos and his lifestyle and saw that as unfair - but pundits criticising a performance, like they do after every match isn’t the same.

I think the BBC nominated Sterling because not only is he an outstanding talent for City and England last year, but because he rose against the unfair abuse he was getting.

As a kid I never missed this as a grumpy old man I never what it now. Really not interested in the bbc arse licking they even tell who you can vote for. I am sure as a kid you could vote for anyone ( might me wrong on that ).
Plus when family man won it for making only 10 or so appearances it turn it into a joke.
The press/media in Britain are a f**king joke nowadays

Would you say criticism of his performances is bad media treatment, i recall the Sun laying into him because of tattoos and his lifestyle and saw that as unfair - but pundits criticising a performance, like they do after every match isn’t the same.

I think the BBC nominated Sterling because not only is he an outstanding talent for City and England last year, but because he rose against the unfair abuse he was getting.
I would when he is singled out - yes.

Most of the country were at him during both the last Euros and the World Cup.

We all know the reason why he was hammered constantly whilst golden boy Kane got a free ride, especially during those Euros.

I wish I had listened to my son last night when he backed him at 25/1

As he said anything to do with the dippers and a phone vote is worth a couple of quid.

The worst thing the BBC could have done is not renamed it from personality to person, because too many people these days don't get that it's an award for sporting achievement not who's the biggest character.

Either way it should be Hamilton.
No interest in F1 so I want Fury but Hamilton is perfectly fine by me, either of them deserve it but Fury doesn’t want it.

It’s a load of shit though so not watching it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.