Spotify app not playing through bluetooth speaker

TheRemainsOfTheDave

I've connected a bluetooth speaker to my tablet and it works when playing BBC iplayer and Youtube etc but when I launch the Spotify app it still uses the tablet speakers. Anyone had this and know how to get it to play through the bluetooth speaker, can't see a setting for it anywhere.

I find Spotify quote glitch like this. Just try pairing/unpairing and restarting Spotify a few times.
Yes tried all that. I have since read that this might be by design (although their approved products seem fine, the cheeky fu .. blighters).

Strangely the Spotify app on my phone connects to the speaker no problem so I'll just go back to that.

May need setting as default on your tablet bluetooth settings?
I suspect it is the app on the tablet that is the issue because everything else is going through the external speaker. It's just annoying more than anything, so went back to streaming from the mobile where it works fine. Cheers anyway.

Just for anyone that doesn't know this..

There is a 'tweaked' Spotify free apk for Android that gives all premium features except downloading for offline play.

You get the following: no ads, no forced shuffle play, audio casting to another device and you can choose what playback quality you want (the free version is only 96kbs). If you want to install it then uninstall your current version of Spotify and then install this one. You can then log in and all your music is still there as it is just a tweak.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.