SPOTY

I might be being harsh on Asher-Smith but I found Johnson-Thompson's achievements at the World Athletics Championships to be more impressive.

She put in one of the all time greatest heptathlons and beat the best to do so. Plus she was on Bake-Off!

Asher-Smith was great and deserves accolades but she didn't go above and beyond and a combination of injuries and weird competition regulations meant she won a gold she probably wouldn't have otherwise.

I think Hamilton would merit a special achievement award for whenever he retires.

I don't have a problem with England cricket team winning, as it was fantastic and I loved it.
But for context, Spurs, West Ham, Celtic, Sunderland and Leicester City have won it, United have won it twice, and LFC 3 times.
I imagine even if the England cricket team hadn't won the world club, then the BBC would have awarded it to the national tiddlywinks team, ahead of he team that made English footballing history by winning an unprecedented domestic treble.
Were City even in the nominees?

So the cricket watching public actually voted for a one day cricket hero, while the F1 watching public weren't that bothered to vote for six time world champion.
Shame they don't publish the vote numbers, would have be interested to see the order and difference in votes. Well done Raz for getting in the top six.

So the cricket watching public actually voted for a one day cricket hero, while the F1 watching public weren't that bothered to vote for six time world champion.
Shame they don't publish the vote numbers, would have be interested to see the order and difference in votes. Well done Raz for getting in the top six.

they do release the numbers

ben stokes ???? really

don't really care who wins and i stopped watching it years ago, but ben stokes ?? its just not cricket anymore

ben stokes ???? really

don't really care who wins and i stopped watching it years ago, but ben stokes ?? its just not cricket anymore

yeh. Only pretty much single handledly won England the Ashes and the World Cup this year - what a joke he gets rewarded for that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.