spreadsheet

smeeagain

does anyone have a spreadsheet format i can have please , i currently do my VAT on an old fashioned collins cathedral red book , 16 columns i think ,
i,m wanting to try doing this on my pc , but being a bit of a dunce at such things the cheap packages around on ebay baffle me , i just know i wouldnt be able to set up and use one , so if anybody has a ready made sheet i can adapt please pm me

does anyone have a spreadsheet format i can have please , i currently do my VAT on an old fashioned collins cathedral red book , 16 columns i think ,
i,m wanting to try doing this on my pc , but being a bit of a dunce at such things the cheap packages around on ebay baffle me , i just know i wouldnt be able to set up and use one , so if anybody has a ready made sheet i can adapt please pm me

just use excel and make one should take about 15 mins

use your red book as a template

Not familiar with collins cathedral red book. What information is recorded?

Not familiar with collins cathedral red book. What information is recorded?
from memory , sales on the left hand page , then 16 cols i think , cheques/cash/VAT / then net of vat elec,rent rates etc, motor exp , drawings, telehpone, stationary etc

May I suggest, as the thread is about accounts and VAT and such - if the OP doesn't already have Excel, don't buy any packages or indeed Excel / Office apps, but download LibreOffice for free, it's just as good and will save files in Excel formats?

Producing a spreadsheet should be straight forward.

For the spreadsheet to automatically calculate sums and VAT are again simple.

But, and this is where I question your general computer knowledge, these records, I imagine, must be available to HMRC for years to come. Are you confident at backing up your files (imagine if your hard drive becomes corrupted/unreadable). Are you familiar with the general concept of opening and saving files, renaming files (so you can refer to different records for different tax periods).

When I was learning the basics I, all to often, didn't save my work and then realised all the information had to be re-done...nightmare!

I hope I'm not insulting you. If you are confident with all the above great, if not, I'd recommend running both systems Collins and Spreadsheet simultaneously until you were really happy.

Let me know

Do you just want to calculate VAT or do you need it to do other stuff?

If the former, it's a straightforward formula which anyone can help you with. If the latter, and you aren't comfortable building spreadsheets, maybe you need to buy a proprietary, purpose-made package.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.