Spurs 08-09 pre tax profits:£33.4m. When City's report due?

Re: Spurs 08-09 pre tax profits:£33.4m. When City's report due?

Prestwich_Blue said:
Firstly, that £33.4m is after player trading profits of something like £56m. So they have presumably operated at a loss once you knock that off (not seen the full accounts).

Regardless of whether they are public or private, City still have to file their accounts publicly with Companies House, as does every other limited company. The difference is that publicly quoted companies have to do it within 6 months of their year end whereas private ones have 9 months. So City's accounts to 31 May 2009 should be available no later than March 2010.

You can download them from Companies House for the princely sum of £1.

thanks for that info

Darco said:
you're not a proper city fan if you don't hate spurs

I think you have to be living in England to have that "hate" rivalry.

Outside of England most are passionate about the clubs they support but not to the extent where they automatically "hate" rival fans. The Spurs fans I know actually want us to break the Top (if they don't of course) and the same for me. Doesn't make us any less of fans for our clubs.

This season alone I've ordered over 700 euro's worth of Man City clothing etc. so I think that makes me a fan that the club values, one that contributes to keeping the club's income healthy. I'm not into or understand for that matter the "hate" between clubs because I haven't grown up in that culture. Although, I don't like UTD or their fans because they are too cocky :)

Just seen the Spurs accounts and they make interesting reading.

Total turnover is £113m (about £30m more than us) and operating profit is £18m. That's before adding on the profit on player trading (£56.5m) and knocking off the amortisation of players' fees (£37.3m) and finance costs (interest paid less interest earned) of £3.6m.

They generated a net £33m in cash, which for a club not in the CL is pretty good going and enables them to keep buying players. although some of that will be the money for Berbatov & Keane (£50+m).

They actually spent £120m on players in the year, which was financed mainly out of their own cash but also an extra £30m out of their existing borrowing facilities.

Some, for what its worth, observations:

• The profits are basically due to the sale of Berbatov (and a couple of others)
    They were net spenders from June 1st to the deadline so expect next years accounts to reverse this
    They have a substantial amount of debt
    They have a stadium to build - god only knows how they think they can fund a £400m project
    They are based in London allowing them to generate more than we EVER could from average ticket prices and corporate boxes
    They did an amazing OTT deal with Mansion a couple of years ago on the back of Mansion missing out last minute on Utd
    Mansion wont be repeating that deal
    They got to a cup final last year
    Its nowhere near as healthy as it looks on the face of it
    You can predict City's revenue line with accuracy simply based on last years and the new TV deal - its also completely and utterly irrelevant - we are no longer an independent business - our operating losses will be enormous - way over £20-25m and trading losses above that vast

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.