Spurs 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly 5 years of Pochettino now. What a disaster that has been. Not won anything. Not spent any money. Not bought any big stars. And no chance of him being sacked.

sky and talk sport are apoplectic

Nearly 5 years of Pochettino now. What a disaster that has been. Not won anything. Not spent any money. Not bought any big stars. And no chance of him being sacked.

sky and talk sport are apoplectic

I detect more than a hint of sarcasm. I don't subscribe to the theory that he is continuing to have a positive impact on Spurs. It would be disingenuous to not think that is the case. However, in that time, Spurs lost out in a league battle with Leicester and Arsenal have won FA Cups in the last 5 years. I cannot recall Spurs yet getting to a final under Pochetinno (?). If you could sum up his time so far, it would be 'very good but could have done a little better'.

I detect more than a hint of sarcasm. I don't subscribe to the theory that he is continuing to have a positive impact on Spurs. It would be disingenuous to not think that is the case. However, in that time, Spurs lost out in a league battle with Leicester and Arsenal have won FA Cups in the last 5 years. I cannot recall Spurs yet getting to a final under Pochetinno (?). If you could sum up his time so far, it would be 'very good but could have done a little better'.

League Cup final in his first season. Lost to Chelsea.

The attendance cock waving competition is really warming up

I must admit that I expected the new stadium novelty to last for a few years, not just a few weeks ;)

To be fair to Spurs, I think they're perhaps the only club in the Premier League who report actual numbers attending as opposed to tickets sold. Now I'm not sure how many were sold last night but I'm guessing it was more than the reported attendance. What I think this shows is that the bigger a ground's capacity, the more scope for no-shows as we've found out ourselves. Maine Road and WHL in their final incarnations had capacities of around 34,000 and 36,000 respectively and there was rarely evidence of many no-shows. Slap 20,000-25,000 on your capacity and all of a sudden a midweek home match in particular sees people giving it a miss.

League Cup final in his first season. Lost to Chelsea.

Ah right. Wasn't sure and I couldn't be arsed using Google. I believe what I said about doing 'very well but could improve a little' still stands.

Knowing as many Spurs as I do, they are desperate for a trophy. Moreso than gaining a top four finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.