Spurs (A) | FA Cup | Post Match Thread

IMG-20240126-WA0017.jpg

FINALLY!!

Over 500 minutes of football & 101 attempts at WHL without a goal or a win since 2019, & it took a last minute stab at goal by Aké to break the curse.

We started very well, didn't give Spuds a sniff & seemed full of energy, however after 20 minutes we inexplicably started to look rusty, with several errant passes throughout the team.

Bobb started well, but faded midway through the first half & Foden didn't seem quite on it, similar to his Newcastle performance. I wonder if the return of KDB is weighing on his mind & affecting him?

Spuds were full of energy & put themselves about, but seemed one dimensional with their tactic of flooding the midfield using their full backs, & constantly lobbing balls over the top of Aké & Dias trying to catch us on the break.

We ploughed on in the second half, but posed little sustained danger on their goal.

Julian, Silva & KDB had chances, with Julian's effort being deflected wide, with Silva's attempt being prodded straight at their keeper, & KDB inexplicably skewing wide with an open goal at his mercy.

On 80 minutes I'd resigned myself to a replay because I just couldn't see where a goal was coming from, until Ake's 88th minute winner from a corner.

Spuds were screaming for a foul on their keeper by Dias, but it looked good to me & so it proved after a VAR check.

It was far from vintage City, but we finally scored & won at the new WHL, & we progress to the next round.

All in all it was job done with Pep was buzzing at the end, confirming he's going nowhere anytime soon.

So it's on to the next round, & roll on Vinny' Burnley on Wednesday where hopefully we'll be a lot more connected & coherent.

Fantastic game and result. Commentator said KDB's miss was out 100th attempt on goal at their new stadium without a goal. Amazing stat if true.
Anyway thank you Nathan for that goal, I wasn't looking forward to a replay to clog up our calendar. It was a great game which we controlled with ease.
Our passing is so clinical and we took over another away game against a top opponent. Special mention for Kova, his best game yet, he's been getting more and more into our way of playing and this was a superb performance.

Well done Pep & the boys !!!

Fantastic game and result. Commentator said KDB's miss was out 100th attempt on goal at their new stadium without a goal. Amazing stat if true.
Anyway thank you Nathan for that goal, I wasn't looking forward to a replay to clog up our calendar. It was a great game which we controlled with ease.
Our passing is so clinical and we took over another away game against a top opponent. Special mention for Kova, his best game yet, he's been getting more and more into our way of playing and this was a superb performance.

Well done Pep & the boys !!!
Great summation Bill. City totally bossed that game for me.

Finally a goal!

Finally a victory.

I must admit, my first thought, when I saw the draw was, "That’s the end of our Cup run," but thankfully, I didn’t wrong.

We were rather wasteful in front of goal, and it looked like our goalless streak at the Tottenham Stadium would continue, but in the end, it didn’t matter, as Nathan was in the right place at the right time. I can’t understand why the VAR check took so long, as it appeared to me that their goalie jumped into Rúben, rather than the other way around.

A great win, fully deserved. Let’s hope we can continue our progress in the competition.

Finally a goal!

Finally a victory.

I must admit, my first thought, when I saw the draw was, "That’s the end of our Cup run," but thankfully, I didn’t wrong.

We were rather wasteful in front of goal, and it looked like our goalless streak at the Tottenham Stadium would continue, but in the end, it didn’t matter, as Nathan was in the right place at the right time. I can’t understand why the VAR check took so long, as it appeared to me that their goalie jumped into Rúben, rather than the other way around.

A great win, fully deserved. Let’s hope we can continue our progress in the competition.

Finally a goal!

Finally a victory.

Can't see a problem against Newport.

Well deserved and a good run out after our break.

Kovacic was great. Walker also much better. Once we get Haaland and Stones back we’ll be flying.

I’m just surprised that we withstood the barrage when James ‘the magician’ Maddison came on. Did he even touch it?
Twice... ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

IMG-20240126-WA0017.jpg

Apologies for nicking your image @Dribble but it's such a great picture.

Not a sea of tourists
Young and Old
Only a couple of phones out
Pride written on everyone's faces
No half n half abominations

Just regular Blues, some no doubt enjoying a rare away, grinning like Cheshire cats.

Great image.

Kinda gives you hope for the future eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.