Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Conspiracy theory: Pep wants his boy Arteta to win this league.
Today spurs were poor, but this stupid tactics from pep costing us this season.

The matchday thread and this is akin to a boxers corner throwing the fucking towel in after 10 seconds and one punch!

Get a fucking grip ffs.

No divine right to win every game or every PL. This manager and squad has broken records, left, right and centre and will do so again over the next few years as he rebuilds.

Meanwhile we are 2nd in the fucking PL and still in the FA cup and CL.
Bob on. It’s embarrassing. I can’t stand some of our “support” anymore. I used to love anyone who supported city

I'm going to make a controversial statement that might upset some of you.

*2nd place would be a good season for this current side.*

We're miles off looking like a team which could win the title. Too many top players aren't in the lineup due to lack of form, injuries or Pep being pissed off with them. To make things worse, Pep is trying to make some tactical changes to best make use of the players he does want to play and they're not working.

To be honest, I have no idea how we're even 2nd. We're absolutely way off it. Can you imagine how shite Liverpool and Chelsea must be? Even the rags, people keep going on about how well they're doing and their fans are buzzing. They're still below us.
It's a poor league thank god. Not even arsenal who are top would have won a title in any other year.

Summat is hugely up with us but as outsiders we can only guess what the problems are.

fair enough

if you can’t see the pattern of teams defending deep giving no to space to run behind and hitting on the break I don’t know what you are watching

if you can’t tippy tippy passes between central defenders and sideways passing then I don’t know what your watching

if you see slow passing and football such that opposing teams are able to set up defensively then I don’t know what your watching

football is cyclic and like it or lump it we have been caught by others and I’m 100% certain that Pep won’t change a fucking thing

One error in this game from Akjani. Dias and Laporte needs to be reintroduced to the defence pronto.

Akanji? That was Rodri to Lewis. Rodri had an awful game as well.

I think having Aké, Akanji & Walker is a set up that gives us the least progression from defence though.

We are a mess at the moment:

Players not interested/looking for an out/end of deal & looking for a new pay day:
Silva, Gundogan.

Not 100% fit or Woefully out of form:
Walker, Stones, Dias, Laporte, Phillips, Foden, KDB, Rodri.

That lot are the core of our best 11.

Pep and the board have a big job to do this summer, with such erratic form the league is now unlikely this year, Arsenal drop points and we don't take advantage.

We have been spoilt over the last few years, the odd player injured or out of form has been cover by others, this season it's happening to many at the same time.

FA cup and Champions league will have to do.... hopefully.

On a brighter note, look at Liverpool.

What I saw today was a group of players who aren’t one bit arsed about winning another title.

The lack of work rate, desire, hunger and drive was fucking stark.

The eye of the tiger of previous seasons has turned into a glass eye.

There was only Grealish and Walker who actually put a shift in, the rest were idle bastards.

Very unpleasant watching.

Too many passengers, poor team selection, poor tactics

Bernardo, Rodri, Walker, Alvarez really poor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.