Spurs (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Full respect to City but Spurs had only 1 real chance from Son. Just cant see how they posed a threat at all. Plenty of possession agreed, but did nothing at all with it as opposed to previous games against us.
By that logic every team that plays us is on the beach, they pressed high same as game at the etihad but we controlled it better which is probably partly down to kova controlling the midfield more, gvardiol being way more controlled, akanji and walker using their pace to nullify their counter attack, lets give credit to us learning and adapting rather than spurs not trying

Think we had too many players that froze under the pressure. In the tunnel before the game most of them looked like they'd seen a ghost, and the first half (and most of the second) they played like it. Gave me major Porto CL final vibes.

Gvardiol looked ok, Foden's desire to win won us the game IMO, Ederson kicking seemed good enough, I thought Doku put in an absolutely superb cameo when he came on, Akanji was superb bar that mistake, but Dias, Kev and Rodri just weren't there for me (Rodri I think we can forgive because he's been run into the ground so tiredness is an issue). If we play like we did that first half in the next 2 games we won't win a thing. Hopefully it was a Spurs away thing as opposed to a big game thing, but I suppose we'll find out on Sunday.

Think we had too many players that froze under the pressure. In the tunnel before the game most of them looked like they'd seen a ghost, and the first half (and most of the second) they played like it. Gave me major Porto CL final vibes.

Gvardiol looked ok, Foden's desire to win won us the game IMO, Ederson kicking seemed good enough, I thought Doku put in an absolutely superb cameo when he came on, Akanji was superb bar that mistake, but Dias, Kev and Rodri just weren't there for me (Rodri I think we can forgive because he's been run into the ground so tiredness is an issue). If we play like we did that first half in the next 2 games we won't win a thing. Hopefully it was a Spurs away thing as opposed to a big game thing, but I suppose we'll find out on Sunday.
I think a lot of our problems were caused by their aggressive pressing.
Foden lost the ball a fair few times as they were on him right away.

We look better and dangerous once we get hold of the ball and start to move it about.

Rodri was absolutely knackered at the end. When was the last time you saw him with his socks round his ankles, shin pads hanging out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.