Spurs beat Stoke and they've automatically got 4th sewn up

kenzie115

What a joke!

So they're 5 points ahead, big deal.

Even if we didn't have games in hand it wouldn't be disastrous.

Not only do Spurs have to play Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United in the run-in, that's the top 3 who are all pushing for the league, they play them all consecutively.

Before that they play Sunderland who have recovered some of their injured players and hit a small patch of form, and afterwards they have to come to City.

Can you imagine if they lose those 4 games, which isn't unrealistic, they won't have much confidence come May 5th will they?

Liverpool and Villa are by no means out of it. Liverpool are used to being at the top and as such have developed a certain attitude and like all big teams seem to be able to win even when they don't play well, although they really aren't playing well at the minute.

Villa weren't great today but have shown they can raise their game and have arguably the easiest run of fixtures.

There are far too many people on here who put too much emphasis on the result of one game. When Villa drew we suddenly had a great chance to get 4th, now that Spurs have won we don't have a chance apparently. I thought it was bad when opinions drastically changed after our results but this is just ridiculous.

There's a very high likelihood that all 4 teams will drop more points before the end of the season and that 4th place won't be decided until the last couple of games of the season.

The one good thing about being in our position is that because we're aware of what the other sides have done, we know exactly what we have to do. I'm sure Bobby will be saying to the lads tomorrow: "3 points. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less".

And I think we'll deliver.

I'll say it again. Doesn't matter what other teams do. If we win the games we ought to then we'll finish fourth. Got to start picking up some form though.

At the moment we are two wins in eight in all competitions which isn't good enough. However, win tomorrow and seven points from three away games suddenly looks very good going into a spell where we have more home games.

daft isnt it. we still have a mint chance. ill be very happy if we beat fulham tomorrow. will mean we have a hell of a chance. all we need to do is win our matches imo.

You are forgetting we still have to play the rags/arse/spurs/villa/everton & fulham away. They have points on the board & how many more do you think we will we have after our next 2 games ?? we need to attack & go for the wins,will we do that or will we be happy with 2 draws.

masterwig said:
I'll say it again. Doesn't matter what other teams do. If we win the games we ought to then we'll finish fourth. Got to start picking up some form though.

At the moment we are two wins in eight in all competitions which isn't good enough. However, win tomorrow and seven points from three away games suddenly looks very good going into a spell where we have more home games.

That i must admit makes me nervous and probably why quite a few on here feel spurs might beat us to 4th.

Thats why we had a "Come on stoke" thread some blues feel we need other teams to fcuk up because we're "typical City"

Just an observation.

bluemanc said:
You are forgetting we still have to play the rags/arse/spurs/villa/everton & fulham away. They have points on the board & how many more do you think we will we have after our next 2 games ?? we need to attack & go for the wins,will we do that or will we be happy with 2 draws.

I doubt anyone would be happy with 2 draws and i'm sure you know that. 4 points wouldn't be the end of the world but 6 points would put us in pole position

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.