Spurs' game scheduling

Vienna_70

Team supported
Treble Winners 2022/23.
Apologies if this has already been posted; I've not seen anything along these lines.

Just had a though about the timing of the match against Spuds.

I was wondering if the relatively late scheduling of this game, considering the reverse fixture was on the opening day of the season, was because Sky / ESPN / PL thought it would be a fourth-place decider.

I know it has been moved back due to our FA Cup semi, but that is still quite late in the season.

Anybody got any thoughts on this?

Didn't we play Liverpool 2 nd game of season and have only just played the return?

i think they made the date when we were still in the europe league, and spurs was still in champions league, so this was the only possible date

it's quite clear that sky sort games like these out for late in the season to make them do-or-die matches. you only have to look at the amount of "grand slam sundays" they've had over the last few seasons. they are chasing, but will never match, the liverpool - arsenal title decider of 1989.

I think all the prem fixtures are reversed for all teams at the same time. The reason the Spuds and the Potters games have been rearranged to so late in the season, is because of the cup run. Could be wrong!!

citykev28 said:
it's quite clear that sky sort games like these out for late in the season to make them do-or-die matches. you only have to look at the amount of "grand slam sundays" they've had over the last few seasons. they are chasing, but will never match, the liverpool - arsenal title decider of 1989.
yes good one, could you imagine us being involved in a last day game decider,i reckon a few paramedics would be on stand by....

deano ou812 said:
citykev28 said:
yes good one, could you imagine us being involved in a last day game decider,i reckon a few paramedics would be on stand by....

fucking standby? i'd hope they'd be administering life saving treatment to me after my cardiac arrest. it's what i pay my national insurance for. standby my arse, lazy bastards.

The Sky/PL fixture panel/computer picks the semi date for the match - odds are that 1 of us is in the semi and that gives Sky the chance to rearrange as a "decider"

citykev28 said:
deano ou812 said:

fucking standby? i'd hope they'd be administering life saving treatment to me after my cardiac arrest. it's what i pay my national insurance for. standby my arse, lazy bastards.
probably bring you back round you ask them is it over yet. "no" they reply 7 mins of added time.... flatlines...

deano ou812 said:
citykev28 said:
probably bring you back round you ask them is it over yet. "no" they reply 7 mins of added time.... flatlines...

only to be revived after my lad is despatched to the local kebab house for emergency supplies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.