Spurs (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Everyone on this forum knows we have a small squad.
Pep wants a small squad to work with so a high number of suspensions and injuries affect us more than other teams.
The likes of Doyle, THB, Kabore, McAtee were all allowed out on loan and some of these could have been used as back up.

All teams are allowed the same number of squad players and backed up with younger home grown players.
Maybe everyone on this forum knows.

According to the media, we have the biggest, deepest squad in the history of the world. It's bollocks, but they keep printing it. You're right, Pep likes a smaller squad and players who can play in multiple positions to make it more effective.

Just at the moment, though, a combination of factors is biting us in the arse. The absence of KDB and JS, absolutely key players, is a particular problem.

The ref potentially cost us with that decision, we could all see this, it’s obvious we have no control with Alvarez playing, it’s just end to end knockout football. The control has gone for the time being, Pep needs to address this.

Despite that we have played really well in parts of each game.

What really pisses me off though is the amount of chances we have missed in the last three prem games. That’s the big problem that needs resolving. We should have 9 points. I’d imagine the players are frustrated too and will look to make amends starting at Villa Park, I live in hope.

I think we're doing better than expected, following a treble there's usually a drop off and we're integrating players quite rapidly, hopefully it benefits us as the season continues.

After we score our third we should be doing everything to put it on the floor, pass it around crisply and calmly, people showing all the time for our triangular possession game, passing it back to Ed when needed, moving it upfield along the floor, then moving it back again— in short, just fucking around playing out time.
Instead, we're pumping the ball forward, up in the air, vaguely in the direction of Haaland as if we cared about a fourth. Just brain dead. Remember our match against United in December 2017? That. That was what was needed.

After we score our third we should be doing everything to put it on the floor, pass it around crisply and calmly, people showing all the time for our triangular possession game, passing it back to Ed when needed, moving it upfield along the floor, then moving it back again— in short, just fucking around playing out time.
Instead, we're pumping the ball forward, up in the air, vaguely in the direction of Haaland as if we cared about a fourth. Just brain dead. Remember our match against United in December 2017? That. That was what was needed.
No David Silva or Gundogan anymore to do that.

Are we still fewming?
Or ready to get robbed again.

Whatever the case.......

Come on you complacent treble winners happy flowers/clappers motherfucking beautiful Blues!!!

Imagine for a second that we were reffed the same way as American-owned PL Clubs.
Each of them gets ONE headline grabbing howler against them every season, just so that they can hold up their "Yeah, but wat about...." Joker card.

The rest of the time it's blind-eyes turned to any of their "possible" misdemeanors, the threshold for a fouls lowering and raising in the blink of an eye, and good old "we'll have to go with the on field-referee's decision" when even the fair and unbiased VAR has to get involved.

Upset few Spurs fans recently with my angry reaction to that one ref call.

Definitely sour grapes. No need for a replay or an inquest. Atrocious officiating decision, mistake or not. Cracking game, but City didn't convert their first half chances and looked below average in the second half. Ange Postecoglou is an exciting and established manager that should deliver for Spurs. Considering how many players they had out, they went toe-to-toe with City and pressed high, exposing their back line and right flank. City didn't capitalise. I wouldn't want to congratulate a club from the complaint letter 9: Burnley, Wolves, Leicester, Newcastle, Spurs, Arsenal, U****d, Liverpool, Chelsea.

City have been poor all season but unbeaten at home and have only lost by the odd goal thrice away. The football is still scintillating, at times, but Typical City like the 3rd goal by Spurs. It is what it is.

I don't buy the Spurs injury spin. The spin was that nine first team regulars were out. The truth is that they had nine injured who at some point had made an appearance in the first team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.