Spurs (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

2 more points pissed away, 2nd half we just switched off.

Don't know whether it's fatigue but I don't think we have enough options to change games.

That refereeing to cost us a 1-on-1 was disgraceful though.
Dias is wank and the sooner more accept it the fucking better.

We’re a defensive shambles.

Lets just get it out the way, that refereeing decision at the end is unbelievable. How can you allow play to go on, see the ball go over the top and then bring it back for a foul?! Truly disgusting refereeing that and he should face repercussions. Refs make bad calls but that is truly unbelievable to make an error like that.

Despite that, we've got to look at ourselves. Defensively we look all over the place at the moment. 10 goals conceded in our last 4 games is very poor and alot of the goals conceded are of our own making. It feels like we've not got enough control in the middle of the pitch. The loss of Stones is obvious but no Gundo is starting to show aswell. He really controlled things in the big games and allowed Bernardo to go out wide to give us even more control. It just feels a bit gung ho with Alvarez, Haaland, Foden and Doku in the forward positions, especially when they're missing the chances they are.

Pep needs to find the right balance in defence quickly otherwise we'll continue to ship goals. The loss of Rodri at Villa is very concerning, not sure how he plugs that gap, especially as Stones hasn't played a minute since his injury and Kovacic has only played 5-10 mins at the end today.

Our front men also need to be more clinical. Foden is playing well tbf, probably his best spell of games for a while but Haaland is wasting chances and Alvarez looks tired.

We should be demanding it
To often we are far too placid on officials but enough is enough, the club should publicly be calling this out and demanding audio
Last week v Dippers with our 2nd ruled out, non pen today at the endwhich I think was correct but more contact than on the Dipper keeper and then that cheating at the end after he played the advantage.
You then see Dippers winner today allowed despite a clear foul and all can see it’s not a fair playing field
It’s very difficult to come up with an explanation as to why he blew when he did.

No flag and he knows he can play advantage with VAR. So I find it very difficult to believe it was an honest mistake.

It’s a fine line between letting people take the piss out of you and complaining to the point where we look like a bunch of twats, but we have to ask questions about today as there’s no real explanation for what happened.

So much wrong with that performance, I don’t know where to begin … one thing I do know is that we are winning nothing without Kev and Stonesy.

That said, there’s probably a reason why no club has ever won 4 in a row.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.