Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the most important match for Guardiola so far and most defining for this season. So it is somewhat admirable that he reverted back to the 4141 system that worked at the start of the season and this can change to 343 if needs be. The concern obviously is the back 4 and the goal keeper. Especially Otamendi- This is a game in which he cannot fly and jump and hop about like it is a theme park, he has to maintain poise, composure and for once take this thing seriously!!

It is attack, attack, pressing, win the ball back and attack some more. No theory, just go for it!!!

Does anyone else feel that Zabaleta's legs are gone? The guy is fantastic, a legend, brilliant football brain and positionally excellent, but I just think he struggles to get up and down the wing like he used to. And a half-decent winger can turn him far to easily.
Zab was finished 2 years ago. An absolute legend but not up to it anymore.

People seem bemused to discover we are really weak at the back. Really? That's basically the story of our season.

We have no choice but to play to our strengths here because I personally wouldn't fancy us keeping Spurs out if we played defensively, particularly sitting back, regardless. We need to keep the pressure on and the mistakes to a minimum to have any hope of getting a result here.

No I mean Nolito, Navas, Sane. Because my understanding of Gabriel is that he will primarily play as a wide forward. So Nacho would be the natural back up to Aguero, which would probably mean he'd be on the bench.
No Gabriel is a striker according to the boss. He's said it several times.

Sane isn't in Nachos place and has been injured. Nolito the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.