Spurs (H) - Thu 19th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the problem is more the movement from midfield mwrlin was all over making runs off the ball current midfield looks static. I'd love foden to get a run in the middle with grealish and bernie/mahrez out wide.

David Silva could do that because he didn't get dispossessed - Phil's a different sort of player, doesn't have the sticky toe that DS had, and losing the ball in that central position with the wingers wide and the full backs pushed up is a recipe for conceding on the break.

IMO Grelish would be much better suited to that role than Phil, but Grealish, for all he can hold onto the ball, can't do what David Silva could in terms of both keeping possession and creating.

Spurs have been very cautious in the first half this season, so we need to be all over them from the off.

If we play like we can, i.e. like the first half against the rags at home, we win this comfortably.

I think Pep will have them up for this, and for the rest of the season.

We also have to remember that the last thing spurs want is for arsenal to win, anything, so maybe they'll take the night and the return fixture, off ;-)

Hate this mentality.

I think a large part of our downfall this season has been a weak defence, often through injuries but also the constant changing of back four and more importantly centre back pairings.

I strongly believe if we can get a solid run playing a back four of walker stones dias and cancelo we will be able to mount a title charge.

This 'giving everyone equal game time' narrative is absolutely bollocks. Sort of comment you'd hear at my lads u12's team that.
And do you agree with that policy for the U12s?

Be interesting to see what he does in a great team. Certainly likes to get involved in a press.

Wouldn’t be surprised if his performance against us last week perked a few behind the scenes here. He was on us like a pig in shit. Didn’t realise he has that press in his locker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.