Spurs PL (A) | Man of the Match

Man of the Match

• Total voters
Grealish needs to play centre mid or off Haaland , easily motm Ake second and I felt sorry Haaland he must be thinking why bother

Without Ake, we could have been thrashed, I really didn’t understand why Pep trusted the defence lineup after the goal, we needed another solid defender to build from the back and stop the counter. Rodri looks exhausted, so why not give Phillips some minutes? what have Dias and Laporte done wrong? Why did we leave it so late to put de Bruyne and Gundoghan on? Not one pass to Haaland in the penalty area, but his positional play and tracking back was good, I think he had more touches in City’s half than going forward today. Pep trying to be too clever?

Maybe I should have used the term defensive structure rather than defense including the whole team . I thought we allowed Spurs to many attacks onto our defense and Ake was the one holding it together at least on the left where most of the attacks came.
I actually think today is the worst Spurs have played in all our defeats at their new ground (apart from the CL game)...but we were poor as well. The narrative will all be about Harry Kane. Ederson didn't have to make a save but the victors always get to write the history. That's football.

I actually think today is the worst Spurs have played in all our defeats at their new ground (apart from the CL game)...but we were poor as well. The narrative will all be about Harry Kane. Ederson didn't have to make a save but the victors always get to write the history. That's football.
Yup its kingd of difficult to know how much is us and how much is them but I thought their defensive structure solid and pressed us well in midfield.

Yup its kingd of difficult to know how much is us and how much is them but I thought their defensive structure solid and pressed us well in midfield.
I think Spurs and City are much weaker teams than we both were when we played them in those CL matches. Today was a very poor game technically. They gave the ball away a lot and so did we. But we gifted them a goal. No doubt the media will rave about Spurs. But my gut feeling is we will do well to finish second and Spurs have no chance of finishing in the top four.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.