Spurs PL (A) | Man of the Match

Man of the Match

• Total voters
Haaland. As some people put, we'd done half a job by getting to half time 0-0. Putting the ball in the back of the net from 1 yard or 12 yards is the hardest thing to do. Ortega though. Wow.

(I'd have voted for Son if it was an option)

I know Ortega made 3 outstanding saves but I thought Phil was the best player on the pitch by a mile and it is easy to see how he won the FWA player of the year award. Diamond
And, he did his creative magic, after being targeted with at least 3 heavy challenges, designed to do damage. It is clear that defenders/ midfielders are resigninging themselves to stopping him by Fouls ...because ,they know ..they cannot cope with him on a level playing field. That right there is the sign that Foden is playing high quality central midfield play, because they .cannot stop him by fair means....He is taking the knocks, and ,imo, playing on through pain, to get the job done. Professional, performance playing for the team he loves.
Spurs away did not worry Foden one bit tonight. Not one bit. The ultimate confidence in his own ability, and it was fantastic to watch.
Diamond.

Just home now. That was a very nervy first half from the team and the fans, I thought our support only got great after the goal, the pressure got to everyone. Tough game, came through it. Ortega did well but I thought our midfield 2 of Rodri and Kovacic were great, I’ve gone for Kova

The majority looked nervous and off their game, particularly in the first half. Similar to the CL final. Bernardo and Gvardiol were probably the only two that were calm and composed throughout. Walker was excellent but for his wasteful play when behind their defence. Emerson solid until his injury.

And then stepped up De Bruyne and Haaland before Doku did what we needed.

But it simply has to be Ortega. That save from Son...I think we were all on our knees.

The majority looked nervous and off their game, particularly in the first half. Similar to the CL final. Bernardo and Gvardiol were probably the only two that were calm and composed throughout. Walker was excellent but for his wasteful play when behind their defence. Emerson solid until his injury.

And then stepped up De Bruyne and Haaland before Doku did what we needed.

But it simply has to be Ortega. That save from Son...I think we were all on our knees.
Was waiting for the net ripple.

Ortega.

No brainer. Sure, Haaland taps in a couple my Granny could score and Phil played a blinder, but they both played second (and third) fiddle to soloist extraordinaire, Stefan Ortega!

He’s going to be missed next season, but we really need to raise the price on him to let him go AND try to keep him with a strong new contract and a promise of more shared responsibility.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.