Spurs thread 2020/21

I did think that.

I wonder if Lloris is on his way out. He’ll get plenty of cup games to prove a point to at least get in the 3 squad places.

Possibly but more likely Lloris is starting to pick up injuries and Mourinho doesn't really trust Spurs' back up options. If he gets his act together then yep has a real chance to get back (the rest aren't that good even).

Last edited:
Reactions: mat
Possibly but more likely Lloris is starting to pick up injuries and Mourinho doesn't really trust Spurs' back up options. If he gets his act together then yep has a real chance to get back (the rest aren't that good even).

Have to say that this one has come out of the blue. No word of it until the last 24 hours. And it’s all about home grown quota.

There’s nothing wrong with LLoris. He was playing better than ever by the end of the season. He’s 33 - which isn’t especially old for a keeper. And he isn’t particularly injury prone. He’s also a much respected captain.

Michel Vorm was Spurs’ number three but Spurs needed to free up space for non home grown signings. Having a non home grown, third choice keeper is a waste. There are two young, home grown keepers in the squad but they will be better served by getting loans elsewhere in order to have a greater chance of getting game time and experience.

So signing Hart makes a lot of sense. I don’t know how good he is, or could be, now. I don’t know how much game time he will get. I guess that much will depend on the fitness of the other two. But at the very least, I think he’ll be great for the dressing room. A strong character; hugely experienced. Best of luck to him.

Last edited:
I'm pretty surprised Joe would rather be third choice at Spurs than make a move to MLS or something like that. Wish him well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.