Spurs thread 2020/21

A few years back I would have been happy to see him in a City shirt, but I genuinely feel his better days are behind him. And with his injury record I think it would be a gamble for us to pay the sort of money Levy would want.
For the rags I believe the Glazers would have one eye on the sale of replica shirts and thus he’d be a gamble worth taking for them.
That’s all they seem to have done in the last few years: buy a big-name player who is nearing the end of his career and flog replica shirts to the Asian market.

But I believe it’s all academic anyway, he’s not going anywhere. I genuinely think he’d forego trophies in order to continue his ‘big fish, small pond’ career Where he is.

If he's a flat track bully as so many claim then he'll get lots of points for the rags as they dropped a fair few against mid and lower table teams.

Ha! Just genuinely stumped how anyone would disagree with my statement! If kane goes to United or Chelsea, he wins them trophies, therefore, taking them away from us.
not guarenteed but it certainly improves their chances

Looking increasingly likely Conte's gonna be at the Spurs helm.

Normally I'd be concerned, but Spurs' problems lie way beyond just the manager. Majority of the squad is average at best and requires a huge overhaul. That which I doubt Conte is going to get due to the Spurs debt. This just seems like a marriage made in hell, IMO probably won't end well.

I don't think so. Spurs' form overall under Mourinho was top four....even more so after lockdown. That's despite having to make do without a recognised striker for a long period, with both Kane and Son injured. Even worse, he had Sissoko and Winks at CM. Winks is decent. But not with Sissoko alongside him. Hojbjerg is ideal. Exactly what Spurs were missing in midfield. With added leadership qualities. All for a bargain price. He may not be a stellar signing but he will improve the team immeasurably.

As to right back, Mourinho used a lopsided fullback system last season, with Aurier very advanced and effectively playing as a wingback. Only problem with that is that Aurier's useful output in attacking areas was negligible. He routinely found himself with a ton of space and time in promising positions but was incredibly wasteful. This is in addition to being something of a liability in defence. Matt Doherty may not be the greatest defensive fullback or wingback but he is an excellent attacking wingback. Given the same number of opportunities that Aurier had to score or assist last season, I think Doherty could easily help us to an extra 15 goals next season. Once again, he isn't a star signing but he is a huge upgrade who fixes an obvious weakness.

Spurs already have a smattering of star players. What we have desperately needed for a year or two is squad balance. Centre midfield and right back were gaping holes. Next on the list is a back up striker. What's encouraging for Spurs fans is that Mourinho has identified what's needed and has given Levy a gettable list of players. Premier League ready players at that. Not sexy. But smart.

I did say the players were not top 4 quality.

Looking increasingly likely Conte's gonna be at the Spurs helm.

Normally I'd be concerned, but Spurs' problems lie way beyond just the manager. Majority of the squad is average at best and requires a huge overhaul. That which I doubt Conte is going to get due to the Spurs debt. This just seems like a marriage made in hell, IMO probably won't end well.

I think you may be right.

Conte is an excellent manager. I honestly think he is far too good for Spurs. However, he is a pain in the arse. If he didn't like what was happening at Inter, I don't see why he want to join Spurs. If I was a manager, I would rather go to somewhere like Everton.

I think PSG are missing a trick here as Conte is much better than their current manager.

If you take the table as it finished, he has 44 goals against the top 6 teams.

If you throw in Arsenal for additional measures, who finished as good as level with Spurs, it’s 55 goals.

Not bad for a flat track bully.
Genuine question. Whilst impressive as a stand alone figure, how many years has it taken him to achieve this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.