Squad for next season

Txiki so far only signed key players, at least they were key players at their previous clubs.
Fernandinho-Sahtars best midfielder
Jovetic-Fiorentina's best attacking player also Serie A star...
Navas/Negredo key players at Sevilla, Spain squad members...

Other targets were Isco, Cavani, Pepe, last two very big key players for their clubs.

So based on this Txiki wasnt risking much he wanted quality in, he did that, he didnt go for potential but performance right now...

I think it could be similar in the summer, maybe Mangala is an exception but dont really know him, few times I saw him playing, wasnt anywhere near to a 30m defender, pretty raw, capable of big mistakes, maybe I just saw the wrong games, but is he the defender that instantly will improve our defence and will stop us leaking goals? Hopefully Txiki is right on this...
(Is Mangala 3 times the player than Nastasic?)

Other names in the news, Sagna? Well could be an option but I think he wants some higher wages than at Arsenal, not sure we really need to pay around 90-100k to a second RB...
Fernando? Dont really know him, is he lot better than Garcia? Or just a small upgrade on him?
We dont really know how much we can spend this summer, maybe some of its down how big fine we will get with FFP...

All the talk of home grown players, It really sucks. Most of our home grown players are not good enough. IIf this rules didnt exist I could see Txiki moving on even Hart and Milner next to all other English players.

Not sold on the idea that Barkley and Shaw really worth their price. With some good scouting we could find their German/spanish young equivalents for half the price maybe.

Richards, Boyata, Lescott, Barry to go, maybe 1 more, 2 defenders, 1 midfielder in and maybe 1 attacking mid in, that will be about it imo. It is obvious defence is where the main problems are and just a little tweak in other areas.

Something like this would be excellent, but would take a lot of ins and outs in one summer. Over 2 summers it'd be do-able.

GK

Joe Hart *
John Ruddy *
Alex McCarthy *

RB

Pablo Zabaleta
Seamus Coleman

LB

Aleks Kolarov
Luke Shaw *

CB

Vincent Kompany
Eliaquim Mangala
Thomas Vermaelen
Dejan Lovren
Karim Rekik *

Midfielders

Fernandinho
Yaya Toure
David Silva
Fernando
Angel Di Maria
Ross Barkley *
Adam Lalana *
Jesus Navas
Alex Oxlade Chamberlain *
Marcos Lopes *

Strikers

Sergio Aguero
Stevan Jovetic
Alvaro Negredo

Every single one of them good enough to be in our 25 man squad. Most of them good enough to be in a first 11 depending on the opposition / occasion. Plenty of rotation possibilities. Plenty of 'cover' if the first choices get injured / suspended / suffer poor form. Nice mix of experience and age and homegrown and foreign talent.

Lescott, Barry, Boyata, Guidetti, Javi Garcia, Dzeko, Rodwell, Kolarov, Richards, Pantilimon and maybe Nasri. Replace Nasri with younger and hungrier player. Rest of them aren't good enough and are also on big bucks.

Bring in: Mangala, Fernando, left back, right back, creative CM, 1 attacking mid to replace Nasri and direct type forward to replace Dzeko who can cut from left inside. eg. Muniain. And British backup keeper to replace Pantilimon. Contract extension for Milner.

Stoned Rose said:
Something like this would be excellent, but would take a lot of ins and outs in one summer. Over 2 summers it'd be do-able.

GK

Joe Hart *
John Ruddy *
Alex McCarthy *

RB

Pablo Zabaleta
Seamus Coleman

LB

Aleks Kolarov
Luke Shaw *

CB

Vincent Kompany
Eliaquim Mangala
Thomas Vermaelen
Dejan Lovren
Karim Rekik *

Midfielders

Fernandinho
Yaya Toure
David Silva
Fernando
Angel Di Maria
Ross Barkley *
Adam Lalana *
Jesus Navas
Marcos Lopes *

Strikers

Sergio Aguero
Stevan Jovetic
Alvaro Negredo

Every single one of them good enough to be in our 25 man squad. Most of them good enough to be in a first 11 depending on the opposition / occasion. Plenty of rotation possibilities. Plenty of 'cover' if the first choices get injured / suspended / suffer poor form. Nice mix of experience and age and homegrown and foreign talent.

I see you've been at the weed again. Sure you' re not just playing fantasy football ?

I think realistically we'll see maybe Mangala, Fernando and Sagna come in.

I think Lescott, Barry, Sinclair, Wright, Boyata, Richards and Guidetti will leave.

Obviously an issue with home grown players though. We can only have 17 non home grown players in the squad. At the moment we have 16:

Pantilimon
Demichelis
Kolarov
Kompany
Nastasic
Zabaleta
Fernandinho
Garcia
Nasri
Navas
Silva
Toure
Aguero
Dzeko
Jovetic
Negredo

To allow the signings of the three mentioned, we'd have to lose two.

I imagine Pantilimon, Kolarov, Nastasic, Demichelis, Garcia and Dzeko are most at threat to be replaced by a "home grown" player.

citymad said:
Stoned Rose said:

GK

Joe Hart *
John Ruddy *
Alex McCarthy *

RB

Pablo Zabaleta
Seamus Coleman

LB

Aleks Kolarov
Luke Shaw *

CB

Vincent Kompany
Eliaquim Mangala
Thomas Vermaelen
Dejan Lovren
Karim Rekik *

Midfielders

Fernandinho
Yaya Toure
David Silva
Fernando
Angel Di Maria
Ross Barkley *
Adam Lalana *
Jesus Navas
Marcos Lopes *

Strikers

Sergio Aguero
Stevan Jovetic
Alvaro Negredo

I see you've been at the weed again. Sure you' re not just playing fantasy football ?

FFS it's clearly hypothetical.

Players that won't be sold :
Nasri,Garcia,Nastasic (can't really see why he would be) and Dzeko ,unless some daft offer came in which it won't.

Ric said:
I think realistically we'll see maybe Mangala, Fernando and Sagna come in.

I think Lescott, Barry, Sinclair, Wright, Boyata, Richards and Guidetti will leave.

Obviously an issue with home grown players though. We can only have 17 non home grown players in the squad. At the moment we have 16:

Pantilimon
Demichelis
Kolarov
Kompany
Nastasic
Zabaleta
Fernandinho
Garcia
Nasri
Navas
Silva
Toure
Aguero
Dzeko
Jovetic
Negredo

To allow the signings of the three mentioned, we'd have to lose two.

I imagine Pantilimon, Kolarov, Nastasic, Demichelis, Garcia and Dzeko are most at threat to be replaced by a "home grown" player.

Pantilimon will be gone that is sure. Either because Hart will be second GK or because a lot better second GK will come in in case if Hart doesnt improve he can be put on the bench for long period...

I would really look at younger RB and LB, and would let Clichy and Richards go, maybe Trippier to big risk but he is wonderful at Burnley this season but wouldnt cost a lot.
Clyne/Coleman would cost more even 15m maybe.
Of course Sagna would be good addition on free but easily 90-100k weekly wages and he wont be a regular as Zabba will be playing a lot hopefully. We dont need to rotate Zabba that much behind him a younger RB would be better option for me.

Demichelis wont leave, Pelle likes him a lot and more than possibly he will keep Garcia too.
Dzeko is a big question its either sell him or give him a new contract situation. I think we couldnt get more than 15 m for him but for that we could find an English 4th striker.

Squad for next season

1.Joe Hart-------------HG 1
2.Eirek Holmes Johansen--------HG 2
3.Richard Wright----------------HG-3

4.Micah Richards-----------------HG 4
5.Pablo Zabaleta

6.Vincent Kompany
7.Matija Nastasic
8.Martin Demichelis
9.Mangala

10.Aleks Kolarov
11.Gael Clichy-------------HG 5

12.Yaya Toure
13.Fernandinho
14.Jack Rodwell-----------HG 6
15.Fernando
16.Zucilini

17.David Silva
18.Jesus Navas
19.Samir Nasri
20.James Milner------------HG 7
21.Marco Reus

22.Sergio Aguero
23.Negredo
24.Stevan Jovetic
25.John Guidetti--------------HG 8

Out going
Pantlimon---------free
Boyata-------------free
Lescott------------free
Gareth Barry------free
Javi Garcia-------------10 million
Scott Sinclair------------4 million
Edin Dzeko -------------18 million

Huws-------------loan
Lopez------------loan
Rekik--------------loan

Income 32 million

Incoming
Mangala----------------28 million
Fernando--------------12 million
Zucilini-----------------2 million
Reus-------------------30 million

72-32=40 million net spent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.