Squad Numbers - 2010/11

banbury_blue

The arsehole of the country wishing I wasn't here
Time for an overhaul on the squad numbers?

With the likely departures of Bojinov, Ned, Robinho, Petrov (gone), Sylvinho (gone), and maybe Ireland then it leaves some plum shirt numbers up for grabs (9, 10, 17, 4, 7)

Much prefer to see players in traditional numbering than 33, 34, 39 etc

I would expect an overhall anyway this season for all teams given only 25 plus the under 21s can be registered.

Boateng has got 17. i wish we could have a 1-11 numbered squad but it wont happen anytime soon... can you imagine that lineup..

----------Given
Richards-Nedum-Zabaleta-Bridge

-----M Johnson--Ireland
SWP------------------A Johnson
---------Robinho---------
---------Bojinov

would be shit!

Can a players squad number be changed at any time or is he stuck with that until he leaves?

Just wondering as some of early numbers are on players that aren't even regular subs let alone first teamers.

1 GK Shay Given (vice-captain)
2 DF Micah Richards
3 DF Wayne Bridge
4 DF Nedum Onuoha
5 DF Pablo Zabaleta
6 MF Michael Johnson
7 MF Stephen Ireland
8 MF Shaun Wright-Phillips
11 MF Adam Johnson
12 GK Stuart Taylor
14 FW Roque Santa Cruz
15 DF Javier Garrido
16 FW Jô
17 DF Jérôme Boateng
18 MF Gareth Barry
19 DF Joleon Lescott
20 FW Felipe Caicedo
21 MF David Silva
24 MF Patrick Vieira
25 FW Emmanuel Adebayor
26 GK David González
27 GK Joe Hart
28 DF Kolo Touré (captain)
29 MF Kelvin Etuhu
30 DF Shaleum Logan
32 FW Carlos Tévez
33 MF Vincent Kompany
34 MF Nigel de Jong
36 DF Javan Vidal
37 GK Gunnar Nielsen
39 FW Craig Bellamy
40 MF Vladimír Weiss
42 MF Yaya Touré
44 DF Dedryck Boyata
45 DF Greg Cunningham
48 MF Abdisalam Ibrahim
52 FW Alex Nimely

daveduke67 said:
Can a players squad number be changed at any time or is he stuck with that until he leaves?

In the pre-season the club can issue new numbers. After they've submitted them to the PL they're final for the season, though new players can claim old numbers if the former owner has been sold.

I think you can also use different numbers for the same player in different competitions (i.e. PL and Europa League) due to them having entirely separate registrations, but...there's not really any point in doing that.

New numbers get submitted every season after the summer window and winter window.

Summer, anybody can change numbers and new players get new numbers but in the winter one only new players can register numbers that are available.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.