ST advice

Lucky Toma

Just when I thought I was out...they pulled me bac
Writing this on behalf of a poster who cannot start threads yet.

After 20 years of having a season ticket my mate is considering giving it up but for one season only.
I know - strange timing! - but he hasn't offered a reason so money may be a factor.

What are his best options here?

If he declines the offer to renew will he struggle next year to start over? Enitrely feasible that another successful year might mean he cannot be allocated another ST. Or is it?

And what about the possibility of selling his ST on to someone for a season only?
Is there any possible way of doing this through the club?

it is a myth that he will never get a SC ever again, when the window opens up at the end of next season for new applicants, he will just apply and be given a few options for seats.

if hes sitting on his own there's not much to worry about, much easier to get one seat but if he plans on re-applying with a friend/partner then the locations become limited.

He will pay more for his SC but not much (as the renewal price is cheaper than the new applicant price)

If he can find somebody to take his ST on for one season only he can just them to front the money then apply for the ST in his name, as long as the person who takes it on doesn't dick about or lend it out to any tom dick or harry who will fuck about then nobody would be any the wiser.

Why Always Ste said:
it is a myth that he will never get a SC ever again, when the window opens up at the end of next season for new applicants, he will just apply and be given a few options for seats.

if hes sitting on his own there's not much to worry about, much easier to get one seat but if he plans on re-applying with a friend/partner then the locations become limited.

He will pay more for his SC but not much (as the renewal price is cheaper than the new applicant price)

The outlook may be very different 12 months down the line, when all our new friends have arrived.

Chinese-Tourist-3.jpg

Is there a limit to how many times a platinum card can be sold back to the club for individual games, that may be a solution if it's a money thing. Buy the card on finance via Zebra and make sure to sell back a couple of games a month to cover the finance charge when need be !

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Is there a limit to how many times a platinum card can be sold back to the club for individual games, that may be a solution if it's a money thing. Buy the card on finance via Zebra and make sure to sell back a couple of games a month to cover the finance charge when need be !

Got a feeling its a max of 6 games a season. Between 90 and 150 % of face value.

beano46 said:
If he can find somebody to take his ST on for one season only he can just them to front the money then apply for the ST in his name, as long as the person who takes it on doesn't dick about or lend it out to any tom dick or harry who will fuck about then nobody would be any the wiser.

mrs thebiggestdogintheworld did this for a season, to a relative so no question of being messed about. she managed to do so in the pearce/corradi/samaras excuse for a season too - surely someone will take the ticket for a year of watching the champions of england?

Lucky Toma said:
Writing this on behalf of a poster who cannot start threads yet.

After 20 years of having a season ticket my mate is considering giving it up but for one season only.
I know - strange timing! - but he hasn't offered a reason so money may be a factor.

What are his best options here?

If he declines the offer to renew will he struggle next year to start over? Enitrely feasible that another successful year might mean he cannot be allocated another ST. Or is it?

And what about the possibility of selling his ST on to someone for a season only?
Is there any possible way of doing this through the club?

I know this is a few years ago, but I went travelling in 1994 for a year and as a regular ST holder, I couldn't bear becoming a first year ST holder upon my return. I wrote a letter to Franny Lee, who was Chairman at the time, to ask whether I could renew a year later when I got back to the UK and keep my seat and my regular status. He wrote back and said yes, that would be absolutely fine if I then showed the letter to the ticket office at Maine Road when ordering my next ST.

Different time and now a different club but it's worth a go...

'technicaly' he could lose out, there is a waiting list and currently those on Blue Membership with Matchday priority have the opportunity to apply for any available season cards. This was told to me by Vicky Kloss.

To play it safe I would suggest find someone willing to shell out for the ticket for next season. That way it stays in the current ticket holders name.

Manyoo fans have been doing this for ages...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.