St Louis review

gymshoe

I attended the match in St Louis last night. City supporters were outnumbered by Chelsea at least 10-1, and probably much greater. That was at the start of the evening, anyway. The attendance set a Busch Stadium record for a sporting event, and at the end of the evening, City earned a whole new crowd of support, or at least respect. The talent on display was immense. Even though it was a friendly, the intensity exhibited by both teams was truly appreciated by the fans, and throughout my section, all soccer fans--City, Chelsea, and Neutral--were commenting on the City run of play. I am certain a whole new generation of support for City was initiated last night.

The only downside was my inflatable banana was banned ;^) All in all, a top drawer evening.

gymshoe said:
I attended the match in St Louis last night. City supporters were outnumbered by Chelsea at least 10-1, and probably much greater. That was at the start of the evening, anyway. The attendance set a Busch Stadium record for a sporting event, and at the end of the evening, City earned a whole new crowd of support, or at least respect. The talent on display was immense. Even though it was a friendly, the intensity exhibited by both teams was truly appreciated by the fans, and throughout my section, all soccer fans--City, Chelsea, and Neutral--were commenting on the City run of play. I am certain a whole new generation of support for City was initiated last night.

The only downside was my inflatable banana was banned ;^) All in all, a top drawer evening.

That's great to hear gymshoe - cheers for posting.

Sorry to hear your banana got banned - they still have a lot to learn it seems!

gymshoe said:

They banned the banana the bastards.

gymshoe said:

Did it have a ciggy in the bogs?

Watched it on video. Totally outplayed them from beginning to end. Their goals came from a Hart howler, a clear Mata dive and a defensive botch up, we should have scored 10 at least. Just heard TS Andy Jacobs describe it as "meaningless" - Chelski's 5th consecutive heavy defeat by us - you might almost think he supports them.

They took his banana !

Kidd out !

Glad the match was a good one for you guy's and gals.
Atmosphere seemed good and i think i saw that thing called sunshine at one point :D

Colins Bellend said:
Did Teves' step look ok

In the 21st minute, Carlos displayed some quite fancy footwork, followed shortly by a bicycle attempt on a corner. He played the full 90, and gave his usual effort, which to me, is awe inspiring. Even in a friendly, his work rate is remarkable. City City sign him up!

gymshoe said:

thanks for the review old fruit...

city do remind me of the 70s BRAZIL side maybe two or three players bought in the window and we wil be sticking the ball in more often

hows the cigs TCIB

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.