St Marks Gorton

danburge82 said:
It's the Maltese Cross.

I know it was worn by armies who faught in Jerulsalem in the Crusades. don't know a lit else.
thanks mate
anybody know why we started with a maltese cross?<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:36 am --<br /><br />
christen at St Marks said:
nedums noodles said:
my grandparents(god bless there souls) lived over the road from st marks shame its not there any more ,it should of been untouchable not turned into rubble!!, its the school my dad went to,and i love this shirt,whats the cross stand for?is it to do with the church?
Been in Oz for the best part of 30 years I was christened there as the name says and my 1st school was the same one as your Dad never realised the church had been flatened
what a place to be christen yey,,,my dad was gutted when they knocked it down,

danburge82 said:
It's the Maltese Cross.

Take a look at page 5 of this for more info on the White Cross:

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=142687&hilit=white+cross&start=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=142687&hilit=white+cross&start=40</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.