St. Paddys Day

Yeah, I'd agree. It tastes much nicer when you get it over there.
The trick is to have a proper refrigerated cellar and to ensure the lines are cleaned regularly.
There’s no reason to not deliver a perfect pint under the right conditions.

The fact many pubs/bars etc don’t take the utmost care from delivery to pour is why it’s often compared unfavourably with what you will drink in Ireland.

The trick is to have a proper refrigerated cellar and to ensure the lines are cleaned regularly.
There’s no reason to not deliver a perfect pint under the right conditions.

The fact many pubs/bars etc don’t take the utmost care from delivery to pour is why it’s often compared unfavourably with what you will drink in Ireland.
A woman I once met said the same (her parents were pub landlords in Dublin). Particularly the bit about cleaning the lines.

Good to see a protestant flute band in the main St Patricks Day parade in Dublin yesterday, and they got a good welcome and applause from the crowd.

A sign of things to come.
That’s really great to hear!
As for drinking stout, there’s certain pubs in Dublin that have it consistently excellent. Bowes & Mulligans would be my top two.
Diageo (who own Guiness) clean the lines in the pubs and once it’s kept at an appropriate temperature and a constant flow, it should be decent.
I’d only drink Guinness in select pubs, it’s rank in my local but another pub up the road does a great jar.

Good to see a protestant flute band in the main St Patricks Day parade in Dublin yesterday, and they got a good welcome and applause from the crowd.

A sign of things to come.
Agree 100%. March 17th shouldn't be just for catholics, it should be for everyone who feels they want to celebrate/participate. Same with July 12th. I'm pretty sure there's a protestant flute band up in Donegal that parade every year, and I don't think they cause, or receive, any hassle. Which is the way it should be.

Not a big Guinness drinker but I've had a few over the years, without doubt the best I had was on the brewery tour in Dublin.

Bloody lovely stuff from there. I had 6!
Like milk, then go to Manchester it was fucking awful, my local does a nice pint but they’ve just introduced a John Willly Lees Stout it’s lovely and £1.70 cheaper

Agree 100%. March 17th shouldn't be just for catholics, it should be for everyone who feels they want to celebrate/participate. Same with July 12th. I'm pretty sure there's a protestant flute band up in Donegal that parade every year, and I don't think they cause, or receive, any hassle. Which is the way it should be.
Yea they hold their parade weekend before main 12th so they can attend both

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.