Stadium Developments thread

They went bust but they were effectively reformed as Lokeren-Temse and play in the Second Amateur Division (4th tier I think). I went to see them last season the weekend before we played at Bruges, as I was at school when we played there originally and wasn't allowed to go. Decent crowd for that level.

View attachment 56241
The reincarnated Lokeren were promoted to the 3rd tier of Belgian football.

There’s a reason why it looks so incredible. It’s 6 times the cost of the Coop Live Arena.

The ticket prices will be astronomical, as it only has a capacity of 17,500.

The price tag for the MSG Sphere at The Venetian climbed another $175 million to $2.18 billion, executives with Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. reported Wednesday.

The cost of the 17,500-seat entertainment venue being built east of The Venetian Expo — due to open in the second half of 2023 — has gone up because of the ongoing impact of inflation, global supply chain pressures and the overall complexity of the project, MSGE officials said during the company’s fiscal first-quarter earnings call.
Why spend so much when they could do it so much cheaper ? What’s the aim ? What extra revenue will the extra spend create etc

A land swap with the adjacent Leazes Park would make sense… build the stadium on the park and then knock St James’s Park Down and turn it into a park. They can never build a decent stadium on that site because of Leazes Terrace which is listed and right up against a whole side of the ground.
If it's listed then surely they can't knock it down either?

If it's listed then surely they can't knock it down either?

No they can’t. But the old S&N brewery was on the opposite side of the ground - so turning the ground thru 90 degrees was an option or moving the whole ground a few hundred yards west - to get away from Leazes Terrace but I think the brewery land had been developed - so that option is probably gone. Even developing the Gallowgate End won’t be easy because the Metro Station is down below where they’d need to extend out over the road. Leazes Park just North of the Ground is probably a site where they could build a new ground and I guess they could build a new park on the site of the present St James park. They did look at a site on the Town Moor I think but that was roundly rejected. It’s unique to have a ground so close to the City centre so moving far out of the City would be a tough call.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.