Stadium Name

Changing it to another corporate sponsor name would be a problem for me. As I mentioned earlier Bolton and Huddersfield have done that and somehow their stadiums seem to lack an identity now. I think if and when that happens I would like it to be linked to another more constant club related name as you suggested. So the Tesco Peter Swales Stadium could become the British Airways Peter Swales Stadium and then the Guinness Peter Swales Stadium for example.

Not that we'd name it after Peter Swales!!!!

So, like Sports Direct @ St. James' Park? We'd be Etihad Airways @ The Glauber Berti Bowl.

I could live with that! As Manchester33 said, this is how it is these days - got to have money to succeed, and if that money comes from Stadium naming rights, then so be it!

I'm a 52 year old bloke and a season card holder
I have no issues with the naming of the stadium after a sponsor as there is very little "history" here
I very rarely refer to the stadium by it's sponsor name and generally just call it "City"
City of Manchester stadium (COMS) was a rubbish name and was also confused with "Eastlands"

Maine Road's name being changed would have been totally different
Same here, "City" or if I get in a taxi its "City ground" mate...

Moderators' permission. As in there's more than one of them. Guess you don't have to be a genius to get into university anymore. You know, like wot I am.

19 posts and Berti smells of rag mate...no offence

I assume that's why

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gláuber

Glauber Berti - Cult Hero amongst City fans! I assumed you'd know that?!

Also, in reference to the 19 posts...My Username was MarcMCFC1986 for a long time and had hundreds of posts, however I stopped using this forum for a few years as there were too many dick heads using it (Clearly nothing has changed), and since I have come back my Username has been changed to Visitor1986 for some reason. I have sent a message to the Mod's asking them to change it back!

Thanks for your concern though.

I quite liked the Theatre of Base Comedy personally but the new stadium never really had a "name" as such, as others have said.

The Etihad is fine, as it's a global, highly regarded brand plus it's a name that trips off the tongue.
Etihad is fine for me too, our owner has given us the stuff dreams are made of and it is quite right that the stadium is named after a product that reflects where he comes from.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.