Stadium Naming Rights / Press Conference [Merged]

inGavious

Stadium Naming Rights

As our Chairman briefly mentioned in his interview about possibly selling the naming rights to the stadium, as part of developing future revenues, is this a good thing or a bad thing for the club?

Clubs have done this when they move to their new stadia, Arsenal and The Emirates, Bolton and The Reebok etc. But we've been here a few years now so does it apply in the same way? Or would you see grounds like Anfield, Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge ever renaming their grounds in the pursuit of revenue?

We currently have 3 or 4 names for the stadium that people refer to it as: The City of Manchester Stadium, or CoMS, or Eastlands or affectionally, The Blue Camp. Should we have one name to stick to or sell the name to a commercial business?

If we should sell, what name wold you like have or definately not have?

I'd like The Wonga, after Wonga.com .... feels apt in a way and can see reports like "we go live now to Chris Kamara who is enjoying The Wonga" lol

Re: Stadium Naming Rights

inGavious said:
We currently have 3 or 4 names for the stadium that people refer to it as: The City of Manchester Stadium, or CoMS, or Eastlands or affectionally, The Blue Camp. Should we have one name to stick to or sell the name to a commercial business?

I'd like The Wonga, after Wonga.com .... feels apt in a way and can see reports like "we go live now to Chris Kamara who is enjoying The Wonga" lol

I've never called the stadium Blue Camp, when I speak I just say Eastlands in reference to it being in East Manchester.

Coms I just type as it's quicker when texting.

Wonga would be a funny one, although it would never happen.

I can see the stadium being named after one of our current sponsors, such as:
The Ferrostall
Etihad Arena
The Jag
Etisalat Stadium
Aabar Arena
Malmaison Mansion :D

I've never heard anyone call it "The Blue camp". CocaCola Arena, you heard it here first.

SteSteez said:
inGavious said:

I've never called the stadium Blue Camp, when I speak I just say Eastlands in reference to it being in East Manchester.

Coms I just type as it's quicker when texting.

Wonga would be a funny one, although it would never happen.

I can see the stadium being named after one of our current sponsors, such as:
The Ferrostall
Etihad Arena
The Jag
Etisalat Stadium
Aabar Arena
Malmaison Mansion :D

i dont like all these new names like the etihad arena and some of the foreign names sound crap but what is "the jag"? it reminds me of sumwhere like "the den" at millwall

if they do decide to sell the naming rites you can bet there will be a queue of blue-chip companies willing to put their names to it for top dollar. City are a team constantly in the news and with CL football, now would be the time to maximise the money we can get for it

You can bet it'll be one of the companies already highly connected with City and/or Mansour who sponsors the stadium.

If we'd still have been at Maine Road then changing the name would have been a big NO NO, but coms is still a relatively new stadium and I'm not really bothered if it's renamed. As long as it helps the club comply with the ffpr and we can keep moving forward that's all I'm bothered about.

Bluebee2 said:
I've never heard anyone call it "The Blue camp". CocaCola Arena, you heard it here first.

Coke have never sponsored a stadium I dont think, so that would be a very new and expensive venture for them.
I have seen it mentioned somewhere on here before about Disney/ESPN but again perhaps that is less likely than a sponsor from the UAE?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.