Stadium Naming Rights / Press Conference [Merged]

bobmcfc said:
holt - you can't sell your naming rights it's classless !

city fan - what about arsenal ! are they classless ?

holt - er, er, er its different if it a new ground ?

city - you mean it's different if it's Arsenal or any club that isn't City ?

holt - er er no, Arsenals ground never had a name before Emirates

city fan - Wasn't it called Ashburton grove ?

holt - er er er

LOL oh how i miss his sunday morning ramblings

Talk Sport have just done quite a well balanced spot on this, the TS reporter explained the tie in with Ethiad pretty well without all the normal blind views,

I can't see whats not to like about any of it.

The likes of Holt obviously will not partake in the excellent hospitality ig gives to reporters on match days if he feels so strongly.

whitt said:
Do you think rags will refuse to fly with Etihad now? :) I've put Ollie Holt in his place on Twitter.

Good man, I'm not on twitter, but I was nearly tempted to sign up to tell Holt where to go. Selling our soul...what a load of rubbish, as someone already said the official title of the stadium is ''The City of Manchester Stadium'' and most people call it Eastlands.

The title of the stadium was to do with the commonwealth games anyway, before we took up residency. If we were still at Maine Road and renamed the stadium he'd have a point, but he's just looking for a soap box to climb on, unfortunately he's misplaced his footing and fallen on his arse. He's clearly a pathetic individual.

Reporters call it Eastlands anyway which s a brand new made up name for Bradford.

This is very clever.

The naming rights aren't just for the stadium but for everything that will be around it. So UEFA have no reference point for market value.

If they try to counter this City will come up with something else and UEFA will spend all their time trying to stop us. Have they the will? I doubt it.

discopop said:
Talk Sport have just done quite a well balanced spot on this, the TS reporter explained the tie in with Ethiad pretty well without all the normal blind views,

I can't see whats not to like about any of it.

The likes of Holt obviously will not partake in the excellent hospitality ig gives to reporters on match days if he feels so strongly.

Just to add to your comments re: talksport. The reporter mentioned 20 million going to the council, and that the deal was worth several hundred million.

Cobwebcat said:
This is very clever.

The naming rights aren't just for the stadium but for everything that will be around it. So UEFA have no reference point for market value.

If they try to counter this City will come up with something else and UEFA will spend all their time trying to stop us. Have they the will? I doubt it.

i thought it contradicts european free market laws, a non goverment private body (uefa) saying how much a private business (mcfc) is allowed to earn in a year. If they challenge someone maybe it will get dragged through the european courts for many years yet.

Interesting that Oliver Holt has no problem with Arsenal, Bolton, Stoke, Wigan and Swansea having naming rights deals, only us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.