Stadium Naming Rights / Press Conference [Merged]

Lol I think one blue got it right...

Etihad in English means "Free the paedos"...

to the rags and the media it probably does anyway

I think this is a massive deal for city. Hopefully we will now be looked upon in the same light as united and united reserves. The floodlights will not fade on this deal, i just wish glauber BERTI was here to see this. I just hope he's not sitting in his massive house and being Bitter about it.

"What time do we kick off at the 'Union'?"

I'm loving the sound of that already! For commercial reasons, it's Etihad Stadium.

But since Etihad DOES mean Union, the airline context at least, (not Unity), i'll be calling it the 'Union' Stadium or 'The Union'

glen quagmire said:
I think this is a massive deal for city. Hopefully we will now be looked upon in the same light as united and united reserves. The floodlights will not fade on this deal, i just wish glauber BERTI was here to see this. I just hope he's not sitting in his massive house and being Bitter about it.
I bet Curly Watts is over the blue moon about this.Havn't been this proud of the three stars on the badge since we took 100,000 down to Accrington.

Too far?

glen quagmire said:

Massive...?

MASSIVE!?!

police-siren-animated.gif

Mëtal Bikër said:
mickol said:
Apart from Ollie Holt though , how do you really feel about it ? the name on COMS
The City of Manchester Stadium is a mouthful. No-one calls it 'SPORTCity' much either if at all. Some people use the press term Eastlands (i personally don't) and the stadium itself has been home to City for around 8 years, this deal means it'll be called the Etihad Stadium for 10 years, maybe longer if they renegotiate.

I have no problem with it finally having a certified, agreed upon, name like the Etihad, or 'Union' Stadium.

It's short, sweet and simple. CoMS was sort of catchy, and it was nice to have it known as the City of Manchester Stadium, but it's too much of a mouthful in conversation.

I agree mate, it was a long winded name and I not heard many City fans refer to it like that, most I know called it Eastlands and some COMS. Holt's argument is made redundant by the fact that our stadium was more commonly referred to by nicknames rather than its official title, so it can actually be claimed that this deal, regardless of its financial implications, gives a clear identity to the Stadium.

The ''selling our soul'' argument might have been applicable if we had renamed Maine Road, but to rename a stadium that is less than 10 years old doesn't have anywhere near the same implications, especially as the City of Manchester Stadium rarely got a namecheck anyway. If SSN for example have a reporter outside our stadium they have previously said ''And we go to join Frazer Daynton at Eastlands'' not the City of Manchester Stadium.

The fact that Oliver Holt is resorting to the old ''etihad means united'' jibe shows how his judgement is clouded on this matter and the comment likening the renaming of a generic stadium to us changing our team name is just making him look foolish.

Bellamy's Caddy said:
Mëtal Bikër said:
mickol said:
Apart from Ollie Holt though , how do you really feel about it ? the name on COMS
The City of Manchester Stadium is a mouthful. No-one calls it 'SPORTCity' much either if at all. Some people use the press term Eastlands (i personally don't) and the stadium itself has been home to City for around 8 years, this deal means it'll be called the Etihad Stadium for 10 years, maybe longer if they renegotiate.

I have no problem with it finally having a certified, agreed upon, name like the Etihad, or 'Union' Stadium.

It's short, sweet and simple. CoMS was sort of catchy, and it was nice to have it known as the City of Manchester Stadium, but it's too much of a mouthful in conversation.

I agree mate, it was a long winded name and I not heard many City fans refer to it like that, most I know called it Eastlands and some COMS. Holt's argument is made redundant by the fact that our stadium was more commonly referred to by nicknames rather than its official title, so it can actually be claimed that this deal, regardless of its financial implications, gives a clear identity to the Stadium.

The ''selling our soul'' argument might have been applicable if we had renamed Maine Road, but to rename a stadium that is less than 10 years old doesn't have anywhere near the same implications, especially as the City of Manchester Stadium rarely got a namecheck anyway. If SSN for example have a reporter outside our stadium they have previously said ''And we go to join Frazer Daynton at Eastlands'' not the City of Manchester Stadium.

The fact that Oliver Holt is resorting to the old ''etihad means united'' jibe shows how his judgement is clouded on this matter and the comment likening the renaming of a generic stadium to us changing our team name is just making him look foolish.
For some Etihad means Unity, but he Airline themselves state Etihad means 'Union' so i'll go with what our sponsors say.

"What time do City kick off at the 'Union' tonight?" That'll be great to say on Champions League nights!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.