Stamp Duty

I disagree. Look at social media, look at the protests that happen.

We've not gone full Dublin yet though. Maybe that’s what you want?
How on earth could you extrapolate from my post, that I would want us to go “full Dublin”?
As for protests - bar the recent Israel /Palastine stuff and the Just Stop Oil I’d say we’ve barely seen a murmur from Joe Public. Partly due to the emasculation of unions but I just don’t think, as a nation, we’re ever that arsed - and successive governments have known this.
This government certainly knows it.

How on earth could you extrapolate from my post, that I would want us to go “full Dublin”?
As for protests - bar the recent Israel /Palastine stuff and the Just Stop Oil I’d say we’ve barely seen a murmur from Joe Public. Partly due to the emasculation of unions but I just don’t think, as a nation, we’re ever that arsed - and successive governments have known this.
This government certainly knows it.
This government doesn’t care what we think. That’s been obvious for years.

What metric would you use to suggest whether the public are angry or not?

I doubt many MPs will end up on £30k jobs after life in parliament. Most of them have had a good education to degree level and are intelligent. Added to that the kudos of having been a former MP means I think virtually all of them will step into higher paid jobs, not lower paid ones. MPs pay is pretty crap compared to what they can typically earn in the private sector.
Not the 20 somethings with very little work experience who no one has heard of outside their constituency. No one is paying £100k plus to their meals on wheels driver just because they were an MP for 1 term.

This government doesn’t care what we think. That’s been obvious for years.

What metric would you use to suggest whether the public are angry or not?
Voter turnout
Union activism (including but not exclusively strike action)
Campaigns for political/ social change
Rallies
Sit-ins
Boycotts
Civil disobedience

Do you think we’re a politically / socially active nation?

Voter turnout
Union activism (including but not exclusively strike action)
Campaigns for political/ social change
Rallies
Sit-ins
Boycotts
Civil disobedience

Do you think we’re a politically / socially active nation?
Not particularly, but the polls are suggesting we are angry with the current government.

Stamp duty is not as abhorrent as Death (inheritance) tax, why the fuck any should have to pay tax for dying is beyond me, all that they bought etc has already had tax paid on it, I don’t care if your rich or poor, no one should pay tax on dying.

Stamp duty is not as abhorrent as Death (inheritance) tax, why the fuck any should have to pay tax for dying is beyond me, all that they bought etc has already had tax paid on it, I don’t care if your rich or poor, no one should pay tax on dying.
Agreed.

But currently only about 4% of people pay it - typically the richest 4% - so abolishing this would further incense the poor exploited individuals on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.