Stan Horne

I played with Stan at Rochdale, albeit for the reserves. I was 16 and a schoolboy. He was such a lovely bloke. Right at the end of his career, still really encouraged me. He got injured in one game and never saw him again. Affable is how I would have summed him up, he loved his time at City and had fond memories.
I said hello to him in City square at a game last season. Still looked good.

Stan was at Villa when Joe Mercer was manager and he signed for City after Joe and Mal were appointed.

I recall hearing isolated comments from mostly older fans at the time but no concerted racism towards Stan at Maine Rd.
Thanks for that. I had quite forgotten.

Stan was at Villa when Joe Mercer was manager and he signed for City after Joe and Mal were appointed.

I recall hearing isolated comments from mostly older fans at the time but no concerted racism towards Stan at Maine Rd.
I remember Stan. In those days (I was around 10 at the time) I used to sit in the Platt Lane End and I remember isolated racist remarks which came from City fans. I don’t think it was nasty, things were just different then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.