Stand Athletic FC of Whitefield

You see this ground off the East Lancs Railway when you up to Rawtenstall. I always wondered why a team named after Stand played in Edenfield, and why they had very obviously given up the ground.

My guess is this will end up as a "development" of over-priced rabbit hutches for "executives".

I used to play for Stand Athletic in the early 80’s. They were a very well run amateur club then, playing on the Elms pitch behind Whitefield fire station. As an ex Stand Grammar pupil I should have signed for Old Standians but I preferred the set up at Stand Athletic and the post match beer and crib in the Eagle and Child.

I used to play for Stand Athletic in the early 80’s. They were a very well run amateur club then, playing on the Elms pitch behind Whitefield fire station. As an ex Stand Grammar pupil I should have signed for Old Standians but I preferred the set up at Stand Athletic and the post match beer and crib in the Eagle and Child.
Splitter!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.