Stand by Me

mostonblue

I was watching the film with Wil Wheaton, River Phoenix and Kiefer Sutherland (God he's changed a lot. I don't think he's aged well!) and my friend said it was originally book but its not called Stand by Me, the film was named after the song.

Who's the author and whats the real name of the book? Or was she just BSing me?

mostonblue said:
I was watching the film with Wil Wheaton, River Phoenix and Kiefer Sutherland (God he's changed a lot. I don't think he's aged well!) and my friend said it was originally book but its not called Stand by Me, the film was named after the song.

Who's the author and whats the real name of the book? Or was she just BSing me?

It's a Stephen King short story. Google it.

Here you go.
<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Lachance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Lachance</a>
Good film, BTW.

Thank you!

Has anybody read it? Is it as good as the film, or does the film take a lot of liberties and they're quite different?

I read it and was impressed but it was originally published in the 1982 collection Different Seasons. It is subtitled "Fall from Innocence". and that is why I did not recognise the title the body!

It is a VERY powerful story and I remember watching stand by me years later and knowing that I knew the story BUT not from where!"

Thanks, might go and buy that tomorrow.

The film was brilliant. River Phoenix was such an amazing actor! Actually, considering the ages of all the boys, i think they all did a great job. Funny when Gordie and Vern get chased by the train and behind the scenes the director is shouting at them and making them cry, evil bastard!

mostonblue said:
Thanks, might go and buy that tomorrow.

The film was brilliant. River Phoenix was such an amazing actor! Actually, considering the ages of all the boys, i think they all did a great job. Funny when Gordie and Vern get chased by the train and behind the scenes the director is shouting at them and making them cry, evil bastard!

The book as always is better and I think...though could be wrong that it has the line " You never have friends again like you did when you were 12" AwesomE!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.