150ish spent

dzeko 15
Jovetic 15
Kolarov 12
Fernando10
Nastasic7
Sinclair 2
60 in
So 90 spent. Very doable? So a bit light in Def midfield so maybe Song as back up as he's free and home grown

Okay, my guess is that Pellegrini will play a 4-2-3-1 in 2015-16. It’s a system that is questionable defensively but makes up for it with the unique attacking possibilities it creates when you pack so many quick, technically-gifted players into the final third.

Note that this change will probably mean dropping Yaya Toure and Samir Nasri for our most high-profile/high-tempo games. Pellegrini will instead favour a front three of Sterling, Silva, and De Bruyne. None of these players are conventional centre-forwards. But they are all energetic, guileful players with some creative ability on the ball – which is precisely what City need in those positions.

While the 4-2-3-1 seems a bit "risky", it’s actually the system that City functionally played for much of 2013-14 season and it’s the approach that most lends itself to the style Pellegrini wants to play. Fullbacks Pablo Zabaleta and Layvin Kurzawa will be pushed high up the pitch (meaning the team will be vulnerable to Mourinho-esque counterattacking if they lose possession), midfielders David Silva, Kevin De Bruyne, and Raheem Sterling will be in advanced central roles just behind Kun Aguero. Paul Pogba will play long diagonal balls from the base of midfield, adding a dimension you don’t see as much from a typical City side that relies on winning the ball further up the field to create chances.

557c99296c612.jpg

Due to the departure of Negredo over the summer, injuries to Aguero/Silva, and further fading of Yaya Toure, this year’s City squad could never play in the exact same way as the 2013-14 intake. Realistically there are only 2-3 players in the world who could slot into the Negredo and Toure roles without hurting the Blues' aggressive, attack-minded ethos - and none of those players were coming to the Ethiad in 2014.

Here's what I would like to see starting in 2015/2016, and would keep me up at night trying to figure out how to pay for a flight from Los Angeles to Manchester (and tickets to the game) for the season opener on August 8th:

----------------------------Hart--------------------------

Zabaleta------Kompany-------Mangala-------Clichy

-------------Pogba-------------------Fernandinho----

DiMaria------------------Silva--------------------Bale

---------------------------Aguero-----------------------

2nd choice team for me:

-----------------------------Hart------------------------

Zabaleta------Kompany--------Mangala-------Clichy

------------Fernandinho----------Pogba---------------

-----Sterling--------------Silva----------DeBruyne----

---------------------------Aguero------------------------

Here's what I think will will be the actual starting lineup:

-----------------------------Hart-------------------------

Zabaleta-------Kompany-------Mangala-------Clichy

-----------------yaya-----------------Pogba-------------

------Sterling------------Silva-----------DeBruyne----

---------------------------Aguero------------------------

Still an amazing starting 11, and I think that would be an amazing team, but we all have a dream team (that's somewhat realistic in terms of acquiring players), and for me it's the first lineup I posted.

557d84d0a152d.jpg

I think it's obvious we're going after De Bruyne and Pogba, I have a feeling the price for Sterling will put us off him and we might put in a bid for Bale..

(De Bruyne & Bale the other way round, my mistake)

-------------------Hart
Zabaleta-Kompany-Mangala-Baba
-------------------Yaya
-----------Pogba
--------------------De Bruyne
Silva---------------------------Sterling
-----------------Aguero

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.