Starting to lose its soul ?

The atmosphere in 109 was superb again yesterday, even better with regular South Standers in there.

Appreciated not being asked to sit down aswell.

I sang throughout the whole match, started a few chants, and got a few going on the Tram home.

I left on 80mins.

Why?

It's rare I leave early, but I wanted to see how busy the tram return queue was (as I'd never used it from the Etihad before) only coming from Bury.

The club need to announce departure times for the trams on the big screen (at HT & FT)

I can't reiterate this enough but Safe Standing needs to be in this country.
With reasonable pricing in these areas, and likeminded fans can then gather and create atmosphere.

Want your 3-course meal before the match? fine, go there.
Want to be the 12th man and create some atmosphere? go here.

one ....... makes a thread, 11 pages later.........

you aint got no soul if you keep moaning on a forum thats for sure

Inter Me Nan said:
I was buzzing until i got in the car home and had to listening to people phoning into GMR moaning about this that & the other!!!
Anyway circumstance stopped me going last time so defo going this time & can't wait.
i got in the car to hear '' you've got to criticize mancini. '' mad considering he's got us to another semi final at wembley and currently defending his premier league crown.

i was in 222 near the front, had a great view of 109-111 and could here everyone below in 121-122.

i thought the atmosphere was very good, the barnsley fans were pathetic with their shit chants against us and they had some right divs in their crowd but the city fans were decent i'd say.

Inter Me Nan said:
I was buzzing until i got in the car home and had to listening to people phoning into GMR moaning about this that & the other!!!
Anyway circumstance stopped me going last time so defo going this time & can't wait.

You mean richard (dick) from poynton? What a gobshite he was.Was more interested in rubbishing Mancinis management skills than the 5 nil win! He also claimed that he went to watch city v gillingham and even though we were 2 down he knew "we were gonna win it" Yea Right.

Never expected it to be a great atmosphere as i think most had all ready booked the weekend off for wembley as it was a full gone conclusion before the game started..

However i'm pretty sure that in the semi's we can expect a much better atmosphere who ever it is we play as it will be a real game and the whole crowed will get behind the team, whereas today it seemed like a bit of a done deal, especially after scoring so early on too..

The lads did a very very professional job today and roll on wembley for a great day out and a better atmosphere!!

guvnors son mcfc said:
I don't know how about everyone else but when we beat Everton in 1981 at the 6th round stage, the 52,000 crammed into Maine Road exploded at the final whistle.

Yesterday we reached the FA cup semi final and at the final whistle the place was half empty. I know the game was over once the first goal went in but I include myself in the fact that I didn't get excited at the fact we had reached another Semi final in probably the biggest club cup competition in the world with the exception of Champions league of course.

I fear with our new found wealth and success that this "non-plus" feeling will get worse as the trophies and finals continue to arrive.

I hope not :(

I'm gonna start chanting "here there everywhere, empy seats" at home games after 75 mins from now on. Silly. That said 25 mins queueing for over priced tram could be shortened if I leave earlier.

Aguero_Element said:
one ....... makes a thread, 11 pages later.........

you aint got no soul if you keep moaning on a forum thats for sure

Is football losing its soul was my point !
Not City
Not our fans
At no point did I moan ?
Or keep moaning ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.