Starting XI and Manager for 15/16

bluechampion7891 said:
Dax777 said:
JustAnotherCityFan said:
Thanks, yeah I did consider the fact there were a lot of Porto players but I couldn't resist the idea of the speed and trickery of Sterling and Brahimi on either side. Perhaps Gaya or Kurzawa at left back instead then. Again with Wilshere his injury record is appalling but he would fit our play style perfectly and I'd love to see him linking up with Pogba and Silva even if it was a rare occurence.
Great replacement will be Gaya for Sandro. Makes it even younger. Not a fan of Kurzawa though. Even though I haven't seen enough of him, but his been average to poor most games I've seen. Amavi is another good young LB on the rise. Generally I'd look at Gaya, Amavi and the Dutch kid who has a reputation for being defensively lazy.

What has Brahimi really done for City to pay 40-50M for him?

Replace Brahimi with De Bruyne/Reus and Wilshere with Koke/Gundogan and we are looking at a title winning side

His CL stats this season are impressive.

5 goals, 3 assists in 9 games and and from 41 attempted take ons his success rate is 74%. We're crying out for a winger like this.

Edit: 40-50m would be excessive though I agree.

Manager : Klopp (great manager doesn't come often)

1247388_Manchester_City.jpg

homegrown - Hart, Clichy, Bale, Sterling, Ruddy, Lopes, Rekik

Buy (7) - Bale, Sterling, Ruddy, Isco, plus..
new CB - Hummels / Alderweireld / Varane / Stones
new LB - Gaya / Rodriguez / Cresswell
new CM - Pogba / Koke / Kondogbia / Schneiderlin

Promote : Lopes, Rekik, Zuculini

Sell/Release (13) : Milner, Nasri, Dzeko, Kolarov, Caballero, Lampard, Jovetic, Boyata, Yaya, Micah, Negredo, Guidetti, Sinclair

# if Pelle does stay, hope he stop his shit 4-4-2 formation, and play 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 regularly, especially facing tough opponents. also not to forget, please improve our set pieces defensively and offensively. we are SUCKS so bad this season. prepare alternative plans and study your opponents strength/weaknesses, when your Plan A is not working.

Hart
Zaba-Kompany-Hummels-Howedes
Kramer-Biglia
Depay-Aguero-Silva
Higuain

Hart
Zabaleta, Kompany, Mangala, Gaya
Koke, Fernandinho
Sterling, Silva, Nasri
Aguero

Pellegrini should be manager for another year then if we're not further in the Champions League we should go in for Pep as his contract will have finished. Low (after Euros 16) would be a good plan B. No point firing Pellegrini for coming second and hiring Klopp especially if Guardiola will be available next summer.

Dream Lineup for me would have to be:

----------------------Hart---------------------------
Zaba------Vinny--------Mangala------Clichy
------------Pogba--------Fernandinho---------
Sterling-----------Silva----------______________
--------------------Aguero----------------------------

But who do we place there at LW?

Wouldn't be opposed to any signings such as De Bruyne, Firmino, Isco or Bale. Don't think there's any chance Koke leaves Atleti.

Bench/Reserves:
GK: Willy, Gunn
RB: Clyne would be ideal but think he's a rag. Maffeo?
CB: Denayer, Demi, Rekik (We'll need five due to injuries)
LB: Angelino (Wouldn't be surprised to see us buy a LB which would all but ruin Angelino's chances in the near future)
CM: Fernando, Zuculini, _____________
AM: Navas, Lopes, ___________
ST: Bony, _______________

Blanks are based on who we should sign/sell

BlueTG said:
f254ls.jpg

Ideally Angelino for some game time, with Clichy maybe. Unsure.

About time we had two out and out wingers on the pitch if we're going to play with one. It makes us lop-sided and predictable in attack otherwise.

Silva to have his central role and supply Aguero all game long.

Fuck knows really just thought I'd give it a go.

Regardless of LB if we signed Pogba, Bale and Sterling I'd take our chances in any competition.

CHARLIE HART

ZABA TWO'S DENAYER / MANGA ROSE / REKIK

DHINO POGBA

STERLING SILVA / LOPES BALE / ISCO

KUN / BONDOGG

Trying to think practically about it

I think that given financial considerations and our status as not being an elite club, we can and will only get a max of one of the really highly prized transfers. Supplement that with another player (or two, if we're ambitious) of the next level down, then maybe a few others. Of the players that we've been linked with recently, I would put them into those categories like this:

Top level:
Pogba, Bale, De Bruyne

Second level down:
Sterling, Rues, Gundogan, Koke

Third:
Cresswell, Rose, Barkley, Wilshere (if injuries continue), Rodriguez

Our starting 11 next year depends on whether we get one of those top level signings, and which one. They're all different players, and would dictate what our other transfers are. Eg if we get Pogba, you would imagine that we wouldn't go for Gundogan and Wilshere as well.

Personally, I would hope for:

Hart
Zaba Kompany Manga/Demi Clichy
Pogba Ferna
Milner Silva Sterling
Aguero

With Rose as back up and Rues if Milner leaves. Don't want a whole new 11, but with a few key changes and a better system I think that team could be very strong. Klopp the man to lead

Manager: Pep Guardiola

Hart

Zabaleta - Kompany - Mangala - Sandro

Fernandinho - Pogba

Firmino - Silva - Thiago

Aguero

That would surely be the best team ever assembled in the Premier League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.