Statue at the COMS

dannybcity said:
Dubai Blue said:
Dickov was a c*nt when he came back to play against us with other teams. Look at the shit Distin gets on here, yet some of you want a statue of Dickov. Deary me.

Anna Connell or Joe Mercer for me.

Little picture meet Bigger picture.
I get all the 'turning point' stuff, but we have some proper history that should be celebrated long before we stick up a statue marking the Division Two Play-Off Final.

If a statue of Dickov's goal went up before Connel, Meredith, Trautman, Mercer, Allison, Oakes, Young, Lee, Bell, Summerbee etc etc, I'd be thoruoghly bemused.

Dubai Blue said:
Dickov was a c*nt when he came back to play against us with other teams. Look at the shit Distin gets on here, yet some of you want a statue of Dickov. Deary me.

Excuse me but Dickov was not a c*nt when he came back,he was a battler,an annoying little wasp,a workaholic.The very reasons why we loved him when he was here.He gives everything for whoever he plays for.Do you seriously expect him to change his style of play just because hes playing against us.Hes a pro and is paid to do a job which he did!!Not our greatest player but still a LEGEND

The club was set up by two church wardens and the reverend's daughter, Anna Connell. So I think we should have a giant statue of her that looks like she's giving birth to the stadium, to remind us where we came from.

scall1 said:
Think it's the councils bit that, and I know that the stadium is all the councils, but we rent that bit off them. Where B of the Bang was is earmarked for the development of the whole SportCity site ain't it? Which has to be one of the longest council projects ever. It's only been wasteland for what? 10 years?!!!

I like the idea of the statue of Dickov with a caption underneath it:
"It's only until you've been in the darkest cavern, that you realise how glorious it is to be on the highest mountain".

It should make us realise that it was only 10 years ago that we reached our lowest ever ebb. And the pose he's doing is so emotional, look at it:

C_71_article_1118108_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

If it wasn't in such crap circumstances, that post would be used a lot more

Without a doubt the one for me. Everytime I see this picture it reminds me of that day and my dad crying with joy and telling us City are on the way back.

Jamie Pollocks own goal was the low ebb for me - mind you a statue of him would frighten the kids.

Kinkysboots said:
Dubai Blue said:

Excuse me but Dickov was not a c*nt when he came back,he was a battler,an annoying little wasp,a workaholic.The very reasons why we loved him when he was here.He gives everything for whoever he plays for.Do you seriously expect him to change his style of play just because hes playing against us.Hes a pro and is paid to do a job which he did!!Not our greatest player but still a LEGEND

he was a c*nt, took me years to forgive him after his over the top celebration when he scored that penalty for leicester!

i would like to see a shaun goater statue put up outside the ground, as big as the statue of liberty in new york. the eyes would light up laser blue via two bright strobes which would be left on permanently pointed in the direction of old trafford.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.