Stay positive, City

burning blue soul said:
Young said:
burning blue soul said:
amirable sentiments posted by the OP, but unfortunately misguided.

why are we not feared anymore by other teams?

because the manager sent out line ups that were not playing to the teams strengths. we should have been taking teams apart after christmas, but we did not. all of a sudden the team was mortal and could be defended against.

other teams worked out what works against us and used it to good effect, we became a one trick pony trying the same method time and again. no width, no consistant pressure building, too slow in attack, no scoring on the break.

it all comes down to the manager, i hate to say it, but his management has stopped the team from expressing themselves and they are now questioning their own ability. just look at Silva. this man could do no wrong and now is not even on the bench against Arsenal, that game was made for Silva.

i dont think Bob will make it through the summer with us unless by some miracle he wins the league. i dont want him to go as i think he has the makings of a great manager, but from how we started the league to how we are finishing it, it does not look good for him. if it were the other way round and we started shit and came good that would be seen as progress, but we are going backwards.

dont blame the fans, we have given a large part of our lives and had the misery of seeing those wankstains from salford win virtually everything there is to win, while we had years of failure. we have proved our devotion, time for the club to do its bit!

I understand where your coming from. But this is not our last chance to win the league, is it not? Admittedly, I dislike Bobby's method of solving problems, which unfortunately, is the same as many fans on here; buy, buy and buy. A good manager, like Mourinho/Fergiescum, uses what they have at their disposal, and still work wonders with it. Bob's a little spoiled.

I'm not defending the manager in anyway, but what I'm calling for is just a much, MUCH more positive atmosphere to cheer the team up. They need it bad.

i cant knock you for your optimistic opinion. but something more deep has been occurring here. we were invincible, teams feared us, we had the best squad in the league, and we let it go for percentage football, rather than having the balls and belief to back ourselves. bob is guilty of this, and it relly does pain me to say it!

as the band James said "if i hadnt seen such riches i could live with being poor".

it is a painful way to lose the league if we eventually do. what bob HAS GOT TO DO NOW is release the shackles from the team, play as we were playing and the fans will get back on side. it is the only way to salvage things and for bob to keep his job.

-- Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:17 am --

Eccles Blue said:
I have said it before in other threads and I shall keep saying it, it is not over until the 13th May. Then and only then (if it happens) will I concede that we have lost the title. OK call me an optimist, call me deluded but I will not surrender until that day!!

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS WITH MANCHESTER CITY.

p.s. Burningbluesoul, the team you mention are NOT from Salford they are from Trafford!! As an Eccles lass who has to pay her rates to Salford I resent that shower being classed as Salfordians. Sorry, just my prejudice I guess!! :-)

many appologies, i just got over excited and carried away :) wont happen again ma'am.

I think you'll find that it will be over before 13th May mate - that is the power of maths. It looks to me like it will be over on 30th April.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.