STEPHEN IRELAND INTERVIEW LINK-football focus

masterwig said:
What he said about Sven was interesting.

A few people on here have criticised Hughes for being too distant from the players yet Superman reckons he is more involved than Sven ever was. I think I'll listen to him over some of the wags on here.

You could tell that he was pissed off about the Young Player of the Year award.

You took the words right off my fingertips.

Gotta love superman.

great interview, he obviously loves the club, and feels at home and comfortable with the people within the club. from what I've heard he does need a guiding hand and the softly softly treatment off the pitch, and it seems that City must be doing everything they can to hep him off the pitch, so that he can put his concentration fully onto what goes on the pitch, which this season is reaping dividends. As for the International situatution, from reading and hearing previous interviews with Stevie, it is more to do with the Irish FA and the people in charge of Irish football, rather than the manager,players or representing his country which is the issue, which if true is a shame, as its the drem of most young footballers to represent their country on the biggest stage. still,Irelands loss is City's gain if it means Stevie can put all his efforts into playing for City.

masterwig said:
What he said about Sven was interesting.

A few people on here have criticised Hughes for being too distant from the players yet Superman reckons he is more involved than Sven ever was. I think I'll listen to him over some of the wags on here.

You could tell that he was pissed off about the Young Player of the Year award.

Yep, I second that.

Top man.

There he seemed to put City before his country.

Would like 2 know what our Irish brethern think.

I would love to see Stevie back in the green jersey again he could get Ireland to a World Cup with the way he has been playing. I respect him for putting club before country and I hope 1 day he decides to wear the green again and play for Ireland. I cant see him playing for Trap but whoever is next in charge of Ireland the team will get Stevie back playing in green.

leighton said:
I would love to see Stevie back in the green jersey again he could get Ireland to a World Cup with the way he has been playing. I respect him for putting club before country and I hope 1 day he decides to wear the green again and play for Ireland. I cant see him playing for Trap but whoever is next in charge of Ireland the team will get Stevie back playing in green.
I don't see it as a club before country thing, that usually applies to older players who haven't got the legs for both. Stevie said he wasn't enjoying being part of the Ireland setup, I get the impression you won't see him in a green shirt as long as certain other players are still wearing it.

goat boy said:
Dunno if it's me or the limited qualities of my laptop speakers but I didnt catch 50% of what he just said. Speak up, Stevie! ;)

I liked the bit about going for 'a record 6 wins on the bounce' though.

The change... It's beginning, lads.

I too liked the "6 wins on the bounce" if the rest of the team are as confident as Stevie then we CAN do it.
COME ON CITY!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.